Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (23)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: LCWO APP?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-11-22 06:00
I would like to know if you're going to produce an APP for Android & Iphone based on your online website. Or if there is one specifically you recommend. I do have a free app "Claus' Morse Trainer", however I have noticed that the computer voice mispronounces words like THE, 0-ZERO, and a few others and it takes a while to get used to it.
I would prefer to use the same trainer as what you have here online. It's difficult to use the online side on my Android phone.
73's de kd5smf

Posted: 2020-11-24 13:05
On my side, it's not that difficult to use LCWO website mobile. I use is quite often, and it's quite fine. As you only need to play the lessons or other exercices, it's not a problem for me.

Sure an app will help but it's not essential. A great feature on lessons should be to set a weight to letters (for example on the case of a new letter, could be interesting to have more occurences of this letter, instead of random).

Also, if you have some issues with a particular letter or set of letters, to have them coming out more often should be nice.

Posted: 2020-11-24 16:48
Many "apps" today are just simple adaptations of an existing web browser, and I've discarded several such apps, even youtube's, in favor of storing favorite sites in a web browser. Rather than making a dedicated LCWO app, I'd suggest minor html/css changes to make a mobile-friendly website.

I just opened LCWO in Safari on my tiny 2018 iPhoneSE (1st gen., 3.48 × 1.96 inches) and it works pretty well, within the tight confines of touch tapping on a wee keyboard. Where's my ancient Palm Pilot Fitaly key arrangement, optimized for pen entry? :)

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.