Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (19)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Teaching Typing Software

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-02-20 07:58
Those of you, who consider to learn fast typing with a keyboard instead of handwriting during code receiption can easily learn keyboard typing on the folling page. You can select your native keyboard layout and see directly what you are doing with your typing skill. Give them a try... :)

http://keybr.com

Enjoy and have fun...

73 de Karl, DK7AL

Posted: 2011-03-11 20:17
Interesting matter. I'm already able to type with ten fingers and I do'it while exercising, but I wonder wether I'll be able to understand when receiving without a keyboard under my fingers. I'm afraid my brain will associate the sounds to the keys. I can type without looking at the keyboard, but if you ask me to write down the layout of my keyboard, I'm not able. And I'm not able to tell you immediatly wich word I received if I don't read. Came here to demodulate without a PC and use CW instead of PSK31...
We will see.
Administrator

Posted: 2011-03-11 22:44
I wouldn't be worried about that. I learned CW with paper and pencil, and by the time I passed my exam and made my first QSOs, I wrote everything down and had to read what I wrote after the transmission of the station I was working was over.
It took less than 100 CW QSOs before I threw the pencil away. After a few dozen QSOs, I noticed that I was still copying every letter of what I heard to the paper, but I could (in most cases) already understand what I wrote during the transmission. And later I stopped writing down the things that were the same in all QSOs ("my name is..."), I just wrote down the callsign, name, location, etc.
It is something that doesn't need any special training. Just do it, work QSOs, work a lot of them, and after a short while you'll notice that you have made the transition from copying to paper to head-copy, without any effort.

Fabian DJ1YFK

Posted: 2012-10-18 22:55
I started learning the keyboard at the same time and it was a disaster. I also associated sounds with the key, eg If I heard ..-. I could hit F on the keyboard but could not relate ..-. to the character F in my mind. Eventually I became overwhelmed and simply could not advance beyond about 1/2 of the alphabet. Paradoxically it did not help me with touch typing either.

Posted: 2012-10-19 01:11
THAT is exactly the reason you have to do exercising with a pen(cil) . Only one out of 10 exercises: type your results over when you want a score.

When you do everything with a keyboard, you end up with automatic typing without comprehension and you are always in need for a keyboard in order to copy Morse code.

Posted: 2012-10-19 11:50
That was a hard lesson to learn. I've now got myself a notebook and will try again! Hi

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.