Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (37)

Discussion forum for user group: Newbies Help

Thread: techniques for faster learning

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2013-05-29 07:52
Is it only me but does anybody else got a sense that using the keyboard and the monitor is a bit distracting for learning CW? I mean like i find myself looking down at the keyboard a lot and looking at the monitor also. I find it easier if I just close my eyes and listen to the sound. Are there any other way to do this?

Posted: 2013-06-23 19:28
It's not easy to focus on incoming code while trying to check if you've catched the last word (for me the joy of a "no error word" becomes immediately the panic of losing the next one ...). It is probably better to put your eyes only on keyboard right to the end of the exercise (now I try to do so)
andrea

Posted: 2013-07-30 22:32
amrifit:
It's not easy to focus on incoming code while trying to check if you've catched the last word (for me the joy of a "no error word" becomes immediately the panic of losing the next one ...). It is probably better to put your eyes only on keyboard right to the end of the exercise (now I try to do so)
andrea

I am on lesson 5 now and I notice there is no right or wrong way to do this. I try to mix and match it sometimes. I change the overall speed ,sometimes i change to tone and sometimes I also do the Morse Machine. When I am driving I listen to morse on my phone.

All in all ,learning morse really needs patience to persevere,esp after moving to the next lesson which is really frustrating.

Posted: 2014-06-19 07:31
I went ahead and kept on skipping the koch lessons even if it meant not getting 90%. At the very least I know the sound of each of the characters .

I am now going back and try to copy more effectively. Hopefully this will get me over the hump.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.