Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (46)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Morse Code Chatroom

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
Administrator

Posted: 2014-07-04 20:58
Just stumbled across this link:

http://morsecode.me/

Similar to the TX practice on this website, but "multi player" :-)

73 & have fun!
Fabian

Posted: 2014-07-05 16:00
That is a nice site to practice morsecode.
Tnx for the link.

Posted: 2014-07-05 16:20
I just tried to sent some cw there, but it is not easy.
It's a pitty you can't use a key.
Sending with the mouse button, or the . button is not easy.

Posted: 2014-07-07 01:21
thanks for the link. met a couple of amateurs. will tell the author this is a great idea. things get a little wonky if more than one person tries to send at the same time. i think it has potential

Posted: 2014-07-07 19:44
Try to contact some G stn. But impossible to generate other then unreadable code at any speed.

Except HI (I hope so)

The G was readable and sending QRS. I could not produce any readable code on my keyboard.

jul 7 18:40 UTC

Posted: 2014-07-08 04:52
It took some practice on an inactive channel, but I eventually made it work most of the time.

Posted: 2014-07-08 18:08
It is a pitty that you can not send faster than 15wpm.
It would be nice if you had the option to choose your speed of sending.
If you send to fast, nothing appears on the screen. Very annoying :)

Posted: 2014-07-09 12:25
Burak Kanber made it as a weekend project.

http://burakkanber.com/blog/why-im-learning-morse-code/

@PA1LH There are 5 channels, higher channel is for higher proficiency, The translation in printed characters on the screen is however up to 15 wpm, but you better don't look at them and listen.

However it is computer dependent. When I press the key there are a lot of irregularities.

May be it becomes better in the future. I don't use chrome, cus that I suspect is some spy-browser dedicated to sneek your privacy on the google servers.

Posted: 2014-07-09 12:33
On this website flash 10 works fine, however in morsecode me I do not get sound.

Posted: 2014-07-11 03:37
After much practice I think I may have morse.me figured out. Use the chrome browser. Key using the keyboard period. Xmit between 12 and 15 WPM. Turn off the volume. Make the daw tone longer than normal. Expect the system to slow down as more people log on.

I would be interested to know if this works for others.

Posted: 2014-07-12 13:57
I can tell that working with Chrome does work much better, but i use it with the sound ON.
It is a nice way to practice cw.
But to increse your speed, you'd better use lcwo.net i think.

Posted: 2014-07-18 22:18
I tried morsecode.me out too. Very interesting indeed. Not easy sending with the mouse. Pressing a key on the keyboard is better like others have said. Yet, much of my code sending is terrible. I do practice on a real key at home. I used to use an app to decode the morse code audio it heard from the mic in order for me to verify the code I was pounding was correct. But, chatting with a live person is more fun.

Posted: 2014-07-18 22:20
I also should mention, it would be nice if there was somehow to figure out a way I can hook my key to my computer and use it instead of my keyboard or mouse.

Posted: 2014-07-18 22:40
If there are multiple people trying to send CW on http://morsecode.me/ maybe it should make the sender press Enter to send the message to the server. Then this will put the message in a queue. That way, only one message at a time will be played for the users. Just an idea.

Posted: 2014-07-28 00:11
Awesome, just hooked up the Junker to my mouse and produced some letters on morsecode.me. Fast response to the mouse button, great for practicing. Use that code on lcwo.net!
I also like the idea of non-transmitting practice but with other people in the same chatroom.

Posted: 2014-07-29 20:07
What the heck is the reason for announcing morsecode.me on this website?

It is contra-productive; of negative value for learning and using Morse code.

So DJ1YFK, recognise this, and provide users here with a USABLE equivalent service, or don't sent them in this disappointing brush and garbage of that website.

Posted: 2014-07-30 14:54
OK, for those of you who are interested, do a Google search on:

ICW, internet CW

or goto: http://internetcw.weebly.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZGtnAVaRI

Please notice, Lea, I did not make any disparaging remarks about Fabian. I think the question you need to ask yourself before yo post to this forum is if what you're about to say raises or lowers the signal-to-noise ratio.

Out of respect for everyone on the forum, I believe you should post such remarks privately. Clearly there are some here who appreciate the morsecode.me site. As a self-appointed authority, you clearly do not speak for them.

Posted: 2014-07-31 08:40
The purpose of this website is to promote the use of Morse Code. I suppose so.

When I recognise that some public announcement of an aiding website is contra poductive, I feel free to publish that here.

That will probably increase the S/N for starters, which group need a clear well defined and presented way to become proficient, and not some discouraging gadget.

The point is that for ALL unknown starters this is a valid statement. I tested this website with a Firefox browser, and the results are so bad and so discouraging for any starter on different Windows operating systems right here - And hence for a significant percentage of starters - that this urged me to make my point.

Posted: 2014-07-31 16:19
You are being an arrogant ass if you think you understand what is best for everyone.

Fabian, at least, has the wisdom of allowing people to explore and make that decision for themselves.

End of discussion.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.