Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (27)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Send tweets via cw

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-03-10 00:24
Please have a look at my experimental cw to twitter gateway: https://twitter.com/#!/search/cw2tweet
Connect to Echolink node 521344 (OE6XCG-R) with your vhf/uhf transceiver and use a key and a tone generator (800...1200 Hz)for sending your tweet. It is essential that your message starts with -.-.- and ends with .-.-.
Of course, don't forget your callsign!
This is a receive-only setup, so just look at twitter for verifying if your tweet was received. I use fldigi for decoding. If you don't see anything, you might have to improve your cw ;-) Or simply use the text to cw feature of lcwo (don't forget to set the pitch to approx. 900 Hz). Type for start and for end into the text entry window. Have fun!

Posted: 2012-03-10 09:24
Two special characters disappeared in my previous posting: If you use lcwo, type:
(left-angle bracket)ka(right-angle bracket)
for start and
(left-angle bracket)ar(right-angle bracket)
for end of message.

Posted: 2012-03-20 22:33
My python script had some problems when receiving empty strings / only spaces: Sending those strings caused tweepy module to crash. Modified script should be getting around this problem now.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.