Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (26)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: what after the 40 lessons ?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-08-10 12:05
Hi all,
First, my tnx for this great site, which helped me i recovering a bit of my CW....
I decided a few week sago to re-start CW. I have now finished the 40 lessons at 25/10 and 25/12 wpm.
I'm now wondering how to continue. I tried up to 30/10wpm, as well as 20/15wpm, which gave me an average speed of 12-13wpm.
My score is not perfect but is always with less than 10% error.
Any advice would be much appreciated if I should go on increasing character speed with low average speed or increasing average speed with lower character speed.
73 !
Administrator

Posted: 2011-08-10 19:29
Hello,

if you have any chance to do it: Get on the air and make contacts as soon as possible! That's absolutely the best way of improving your skills, especially a way that's not only helpful but incredibly enjoyable.

Otherwise, since you now seem to have a pretty decent ability to recognize all letters, I'd recommend to continue with Word training and plain text training.

Fabian DJ1YFK

Posted: 2011-08-11 07:45
Hi Fabian,
Tnx for your answer. Actually, I realize that I may need to practice the 40th lesson a bit more even at 25/10 or 25/12 wpm "only" because I do not succeed all times to get only 2-3 errors. Once that will be done, I'll follow your advice for sure (on the air + word/plain text training),
73!

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.