Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (29)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Increase speed or go to next lesson

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-07-04 03:19
Soooo... I'm one of those guys that memorized the morse code table. I couldn't get above 6-7 wpm recieving because I was having to go to my mental "look up" table and convert a->b b->c instead of going a->c. Because of this, I've started over and I'm trying to memorize the sounds.

I really want to learn the code right this time. I'm currently on lesson 5 with 30 wpm at an effective speed of 10 wpm (which comes out to about 16.5 wpm). Should I increase my speed or just keep going through the lessons at this speed? My goal is to copy around 20-25 wpm.
Administrator

Posted: 2011-07-04 20:13
30wpm effective is really an excellent idea. If it's going well for you so far, I'd try to increase the effective speed gradually, and see if it's actually a problem. No need to jump to 10 at once, just increase it a wpm now and then, and you'll probably have very little problems with it.

By the way, I see that there's also an account KF5HZL from mid-2009; I suppose that's your previous one. If you like, I can delete it so you can use KF5HZL as your username again; alternatively I can merge your accounts. If you like to keep the old one, no problem either, just want to say that it's possible to reactivate it :)

Fabian

Posted: 2011-07-07 04:33
I made the new account because the statistics were no longer relevant to my new training, but it was too tedious to delete all the training sessions. If you want to delete them for me, swap my user name, and then delete the new one... that's cool with me! I'll just keep doing my lessons either way. :)

Posted: 2011-07-08 17:39
The subject of this thread attracted me because every time I switch to the next lesson, for about ten attempts my brain goes bananas and I'm not able to copy the groups, even if the new character is not included in the group. I believe it's a state of mind. Trying to be read to copy the new one, my attention for the old ones decreases. And now the same question of Albert.
Keeping in mind that I have a big speed drop and big error rate increase whenever I switch to the new lesson, I feel more comfortable keeping my speed at 22/8. Will I pay in the future for this choice?
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-07-08 17:42
Probably.
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-07-08 21:42
Pretty sure,
An example:
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?297938-QRS.....-intelligible-sending....

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.