Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenčina Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文
Who is online? (21)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Copying code

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2024-06-19 14:41
This site is great. When listening on the bands to improve my copy skill, I sometimes hear what sounds like a series of maybe 5 or six dits followed by a extra long dah (dit dit dit dit dit dit dahhhhhhhhhhhh) Is this the same as "correction"? Or what does it indicate? Thanks.

Posted: 2024-06-19 17:32
Yes it means correction. I think 5 consecutive dots should be enough but many overdo.

Posted: 2024-06-20 01:20
Eight dits and repetition of the last word or codegroup that was in error , correctly repeated is the correct procedure. As far as I know.

Last week I became a centennial, not changing my account which I did when I became nonagenarion. I received congrats of the king of the Neterlands, and the major of the municipality was announcing visiting me, in my QTH. Don't like that, sri pse leave me alone.

Stupid question abt my "secret" of the weekly free newspaper. Answer: beekeeping, a bottle of gd wine a day, and learning/using QRQ Morse code.

Posted: 2024-06-20 10:07
nonagenarian:
Eight dits and repetition of the last word or codegroup that was in error , correctly repeated is the correct procedure. As far as I know.

Last week I became a centennial, not changing my account which I did when I became nonagenarion. I received congrats of the king of the Neterlands, and the major of the municipality was announcing visiting me, in my QTH. Don't like that, sri pse leave me alone.

Stupid question abt my "secret" of the weekly free newspaper. Answer: beekeeping, a bottle of gd wine a day, and learning/using QRQ Morse code.

Happy birthday . . .

Bit late I suppose, though.

Posted: 2024-06-20 22:56
Best wishes. Thanks for all the posts, I look for them because I enjoy them.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.