Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (30)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: October Starting

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-10-01 16:46
I started today and realized I don't have a 5-minute attention span. I'm hoping this improves

Posted: 2018-10-02 13:21
Select: 2 minutes :)

Posted: 2018-10-02 18:36
I started with 2 minutes also. When I got to lesson 20, I increased the time to 3 minutes because I could concentrate better and because I wanted to increase the number of times I got new characters. Good luck!

Posted: 2018-10-18 17:49
I understand, I have started lesson 3 at least 10 times. but it just makes me sleepy.

Posted: 2018-10-18 21:13
there is nothing wrong with doing 1-minute drills. what is most important is keeping up with it over time. i just had my 27th CW QSO on the air after working on lcwo for 8 months. i am doing 1-minute drills virtually every day and i am at "parity" now- 14wpm character speed and 14wpm spacing. just keep doing it, no matter how you do it. the only way to lose at this game is to give up. every other choice you make makes you a winner. just keep trying. if you have to stop the file and re-play part of it- fine. i do this a lot. just keep swimming, just keep swimming as Dory would say.

Posted: 2018-10-23 22:07
My progress has been very slow too. The reason, I refuse to force myself to study/practice. For ME? if I force myself I take the fun out and will quit soon. The downside, is it takes me longer to improve.
Bottom line... Do what works for you. And yes slow CW (10WPM) or less is kinda boring because it takes so long to send one sentence. But it will get better if you stick to it.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.