Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (14)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: what do we do with morse?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2014-01-28 22:55
I learned morse in the Navy back in the 90's. I love hearing it again and getting back in the code mood.
I want to know what others are doing with it? Do people send code online or will I need to get an antenna?

Posted: 2014-01-29 08:52
HAM Radio operators use it to communicate on the HF bands. It is great for long distance connections and requires very simple means. It's no longer used commercially or otherwise, just for fun.

Get a HAM license and join in on the fun! Scan the bands at just above 10MHz and you'll hear lots of morse (CW) activity.

Posted: 2014-01-29 12:17
Amateur radio morse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio_frequency_allocations#Table_of_Amateur_MF_and_HF_Bandplans

Look for the parts of the spectrum designated as "CW". At night time, most activity is below 10 MHz.

Morse is still sporadically in use in other applications (shortwave spy-to-secret service communications sending garbled blah blah, shortwave time signals, cell phone "SMS" tone, Morse tapers, Morse potential, etc.).

Posted: 2014-01-30 09:06
MarianneK:
I learned morse in the Navy back in the 90's. I love hearing it again and getting back in the code mood.
I want to know what others are doing with it? Do people send code online or will I need to get an antenna?

http://www.lcwo.net/forum/689

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $