Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (42)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: koch speed

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2013-11-14 03:03
hi,

Would 20/13 be a good setting for a beginner that never had experience with cw before?

thanks

Posted: 2013-11-15 13:21
ho,

http://lcwo.net/courseintro

"The default speed for new users is 20 WpM characters, 10 WpM effective. You may want to reduce the effective speed, but you don't do yourself a favor by reducing the character speed. Keep it above 15 WpM by all means!"

I felt more comfortable with 35/6 at the beginning (going to 35/10 and more soon), but everybody works differently. So I would say yes, 20/13 sounds fine. I hope the experts here will agree.

Posted: 2013-11-16 19:51
Hi,
I've been using 17/10. Started in July '13...now on lesson 21.

Posted: 2013-11-17 09:49
I am not an expert at all, but I'd like to give my $0.02 anyway. I started out at 18/10 but at lesson 6 or so had to crank it down to 18/6 to avoid frustration. I began on 08/30 and moved to lesson 39 yesterday. I listened to the bands the other day (although experts say we shouldn't do that while learning) and noticed that I am way too slow to be operational. I will therefore try to increase my speed in the remaining weeks until christmas (I fixed myself the objective to have my first QSO then). To wrap it up: If you are able to advance without frustration and make regular progress at 20/13, I think that would be excellent. For me, it would have been way too ambitious.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.