Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (18)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Play/Pause Does Not Function

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2013-01-21 23:32
LCWO stopped working after two lessons. When I press "Play/Pause" button nothing happens; no sounds for letters or sending code box. I have the latest Adobe Flash Player (version 11). Any Ideas?
Administrator

Posted: 2013-01-23 10:29
Is it still not working?
There was a short network outage of the server which generates the sound files (separate server from the one serving the front-end website), which may have caused this malfunction.

Fabian

Posted: 2013-01-23 16:16
Actually, I'm having similar issues today, but it might be a different issue. I'm at work and I'm getting no playback at all. Could a firewall kill the audio?

TJ
KD8GNC

Posted: 2013-01-24 01:53
Yes. The problem still exist. Tested on 23 Jan 13 at 0051Z. I'm not sure whats going on.

Neal
Administrator

Posted: 2013-01-24 06:53
Hi Neal and TJ,

strange; which web browser and operating system are you using? I currently cannot reproduce the problem, which makes it difficult to tackle it.

Fabian

Posted: 2013-01-24 18:40
SOLVED! I ran a PC optimization tool (registry fix, registry defrag, etc.) and restarted and now everything is working! Thanks for the help.

Neal
Administrator

Posted: 2013-01-24 19:13
OK, good to know. Enjoy LCWO!

Fabian

Posted: 2013-01-24 21:28
I've tried multiple computers and multiple browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Opera) and no joy here at work. I have to assume they are filtering that type of audio (although, YouTube and others work fine). I guess I'll have to find another activity during lunch! BTW, all OSs are Win7 and all addins and extensions are up to date.
Administrator

Posted: 2013-01-24 22:45
Hi Tery,

you may try to use the HTML5 option (under CW settings) instead of the flash player. Your work proxy servers may block requests for MP3 files, but if you use HTML5 with Firefox, it will request OGG files instead... just an idea.
Also, when using Firefox, there's a nice add-on called "HTTP live headers" which will show you a log of the raw HTTP headers your browser sends and receives, which is useful to see what actually happens...

Fabian

Posted: 2013-01-25 18:39
This is just getting weirder and weirder. I had tried every mode listed on the change page and no luck....until I got distracted and left the page alone for a bit. On the change page, after 3 minutes it starts playing (repeated this 3 times, same time delay)! Then the MorseMachine works for an undetermined time also. I'll do more testing next week, since I do have to do SOME work here.

I loaded the live header thing for firefox, but still need to figure how to get it to show anything. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this page, Fabian. Thanks!
73 KD8GNC

Posted: 2013-01-29 02:08
I can't get mine to work as well.

Any suggestions for a computer illiterate? Not sure what the previous threads mean with regard to Firefox or HTML5.
Scott

Posted: 2013-01-30 18:29
Scott, Firefox is just another web browser, like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera, etc. They all do the same thing, but sometimes one will work better than others. The HTML 5 player is just another option on the Change CW Settings page. Are you trying to do this from home or some place that might have a firewall? Also, try starting to play and let it sit for a bit. Like I said, it takes 3 minutes and some seconds for it to work for me!

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $