Polski PortuguÍs
Rom‚nă Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย TŁrkÁe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (16)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Android free Koch training app

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-07-25 08:27
Hello everybody.

I would like to draw your attention on the Android app that I have developed to exercise CW with Koch and Farnsworth methods.
The application is free and ad-free. It is named IZ2UUF Morse Koch CW and you can also access it at this link: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.iz2uuf.cwkoch

73 de IZ2UUF - Davide
[deleted]

Posted: 2012-07-31 22:29
Hi Davide,

Here in jail, sorry I am not guilty but jury thought, due to inherent stupidity, else, we don't have state of the art iPad's and the opportunity to load them with your software. Cost me an unbelievable amount of money to influence the behavior of personnel so that they forget to encrypt the admission of their local WiFi.

I am lucky because I am the only guy that is able to pass encrypted messages by Morse code, that made me able to pay the required fee and sustaining extensions.

However, in order to resocialize, I suggest you to a learning sequence that is the same as used on this website in your program.

Do you understand what I mean?

People can use your program OR this website but at any time in the course it must be possible to switch over.

Posted: 2012-08-01 09:10
Hello Chairefone.
Don't feel socially excluded: no one else in the world has the opportunity to install this app on his state of the art iPad, since it is an Android app.
Furthermore, this app already accepts any sequence: just need to set "Chars from custom string" under "Charater sequence" and then type your set of letters under "Custom string".
73 IZ2UUF
[deleted]

Posted: 2012-08-01 18:56
OK Davide
When you are next time on the top of a mountain think on me at the deepest of the hell.

To avoid confusion: a sring is a concatination of characters delimited by 0x00.

Is it possible at default to distribute your program with the same sequence of learning characters as this (leading) website?

Everebody can change the sequence you said, so why not.

Char

Posted: 2012-08-01 22:34
So help me, Char.
Is this sequence right?
KMURESNAPTLWI.JZ=FOY,VG5/Q92H38B?47C1D60X!"'()+-:;@ņń«…»—÷‹

I could add this string as an internal alternative to the Koch string taken from G4FON's program and call it "LCWO sequence".

P.S.: to avoid further confusion, a "string" is an abstract concept, i.e. a generic sequence of characters; a concatenation of characters delimited by 0x00 is just one of the possible "implementations of a string".
[deleted]

Posted: 2012-08-01 23:32
IZ2UUF:
So help me, Char.
Is this sequence right?
KMURESNAPTLWI.JZ=FOY,VG5/Q92H38B?47C1D60X!"'()+-:;@ņń«…»—÷‹

The sequence of LCWO is
K M U R E S N A P T L W I . J Z = F O Y , V G 5 / Q 9 2 H 3 8 B ? 4 7 C 1 D 6 0 X
so correct with your sequence through X.
Rest of characters is not required I suppose, especially the exclamation mark ! is a question. Was defined by Heathkit or some thing, kind of industry standard, I suppose. You can learn them in order to use them and "they" can't copy them.
Hence a frustrating spending of time.
[quote]
I could add this string as an internal alternative to the Koch string taken from G4FON's program and call it "LCWO sequence".[/quote]

Would be nice, but when you should bother to read the previous entries in this amazing website forum, you could find out that people are complaining about the different learning sequences in Koch programs. So I dare to emphazize, due to the leading character of this website, to ask you to put this LCWO sequence as default in your program.

Of course people can change that, but I had a cat that only could eat when he handles default knife and fork, or change the default to eat just with his lips tonque and teeth. She died after 14 days due to lack of food. She should have been still alive when I put the other selection as default.

[quote]
P.S.: to avoid further confusion, a "string" is an abstract concept, i.e. a generic sequence of characters; a concatenation of characters delimited by 0x00 is just one of the possible "implementations of a string".
[/quote]

OK, I understand my ad hoc regenerated definition of a string, is just a subset of a larger idea. So Kernighan and Ritchie SK fooled me.

Have a nice day and don't forget, when reaching the next top, to think about me living not guilty in the dungeons of her Majesty's prison.

Char

Posted: 2012-08-02 13:29
Options are good. Being able to choose an appropriate sequence to match with the other programs you use is likely to be helpful. LCWO's sequence is, so far as I've been able to find, unique to LCWO, while the one G4FON and JLMC use is more generally accepted. Up to you which one you make your default. It would be nice if LCWO also offered a choice.

Posted: 2012-08-08 14:23
IZ2UFF

I have downloaded your app an a Galaxy SII. Works perfect. Thanks for making this application available for free. Just a thought: Have you considered making a word practice otion like the JustLearnMorseCode most common words option? Would this be a part of a coming update?

I used the koch method to learn morsecode and are very pleased with the method. Took me around 3-4 months to learn the alfabet + numbers. No I mainly use RufzXP to for speed practice of callsigns. Great fun.

73 de LA3AKA

Posted: 2013-04-15 12:45
Hello dear friends.
I've released today version 1.0.011 of the "IZ2UUF Morse Koch CW".
The most important updates are:
- full support to LCWO character sequence
- ability to load a user defined word list

Here it is the full list of new features:
- Full support for LCWO sequence
- WPM speed can now be changed with a spinner at 1 WPM steps
- Koch level reports LCWO/G4FON series correctly
- Added morse dash/dot reminder beside "Koch level"
- Added file load option
- Custom strings now support prosigns
- G4FON sequence extended with prosigns
- Added support for custom words
- Added pause button
- Added scroll bar in the main screen

The update will be available on the Google Marked within 24 hours from now. Complete instructions and .apk file direct download are available on my web site at this link:

http://www.iz2uuf.net/index.php/ham-radio/6-koch

73 de IZ2UUF - Davide

Posted: 2013-04-16 14:27
Very nice update. Thanks.

Posted: 2013-05-19 12:28
- Could you add a flash option
to display the morse using the flash led or on screen flashes?

Might be nice when you can train but have to be silent.

greetings

Posted: 2015-09-29 18:52
As someone who first started programming with vacuum tube computers over 50 years ago, I fully appreciate that you do this for fun. But still, a big thank you for choosing this as a fun project and for doing such a great job with it.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $