Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (41)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: forgot everything

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-07-07 21:40
today after 3 months I seem to have forgotten 1/3 of what I have learned. What do I do now. I hope to God I can do better tomorrow or I am done with this.

Posted: 2012-07-08 16:24
hmmm, perhaps your brain is reorganizing it. Perhaps your on the threshold of 'getting it'. That 'ahaa!' moment.

Posted: 2012-07-08 17:40
If you find yourself very frustrated and annoyed with it then quitting may be the right answer. But even though you "quit" that does not mean you can't start again later. Just take an indefinite break from it, and later if/when you are mentally ready you can start over again. Might find you progress further than before that way.

Posted: 2012-07-09 13:37
If I run into problems I lower the effective speed. Always helped so far.

Posted: 2012-07-15 01:18
Slowing down for a moment sure proved that to me. 8 days at 20/7 effective 11 average about 74%.
Slowed to 20/6 efffective 8.6 98%.
Sucks its only lesson #3. I wouldn't think that little change would make such a difference.
How does any one write behind? I've never got that. Even when someone gives me a phone number, I have to ask twice. By the time I get past the xxx-????? I've forgotten the rest.
I really want to be able to do this.

Posted: 2012-07-16 23:58
I think it's quite normal to experience hiccups along the way. I really love warming up with MorseMachine, at a rate quite a bit higher than I'm using in my lessons, and I just tap away until I feel relaxed and ready for lessons. Don't give up, and don't stress out. There's no deadline for learning CW, so just go at whatever pace seems to suit you. (There are hiccups, like I said, but you'll also be surprised that there are sections you'll breeze right through, and cover a ton of territory.) DON'T QUIT!! :)

Posted: 2012-07-17 09:58
ab9ms:
How does any one write behind? I've never got that. Even when someone gives me a phone number, I have to ask twice. By the time I get past the xxx-????? I've forgotten the rest.

Yeah, that's something I have trouble with, too...

[deleted]

Posted: 2012-07-17 12:52
lzlep:
Yeah, that's something I have trouble with, too...

When you exercise "words", which is extremely important, you can read a word, that is much better then character, because the difference between d and b, s and h are solved due to the meaning of the word (not always)

When you copy high speed and read the words, you know the meaning and don't feel the need to read back in order to get the message.

People are normally, when they hear someone slow talking, able to write down the text simultaneously with hearing the next text to be written.

Another way appears with callsign copy, that you remember the sound, and translate it later on while writing/typing

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.