Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (27)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: what to do

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-06-12 06:54
What do you do when it just seems to be getting worse. When it just keeps getting harder for you. When you work at this for at least 1 hour a day and it will not improve. When you are so frustrated that you just hate this and want to quite. I am on lesson 22 at 17/11. I have tried to slow down to 15 and it is just to slow. I have a hard time telling what it is. I have to start over.

I have been waiting for things to come together. When does this happen. I want to do this more than anything. The only reason I am still putting myself through this is because I do not want to just give up.

I am so frustrated and angry I want to break something. I would like to cry. Does anyone else feel like this. Can this ever get better. I am at the end. I just do not know what to do.

Posted: 2012-06-12 09:50
When I get to that stage I take a couple of days off

Posted: 2012-06-12 11:50
I too am struggling. Several days in a row at the same lesson (only at lesson 6 yet) and no progression.
I just keep practising several times a day, short sessions and hope it will become better.

Don't get angry, this won't help. Lynn, you are already at lesson 22 so you have come a long way. Don't give up.
[deleted]

Posted: 2012-06-12 13:38
Stop for a full week,

Start over from lesson 1 and as fast as you get grading "good" proceed to the next lesson. Do that for two times 15 minutes a day.
Till you reach lesson 22 again. (I expect that will take another week)

Do not proceed to lesson 23, and keep exercising at least for 30 days the level of lesson 22.

Keep us informed about your experiences.

Posted: 2012-06-12 15:08
Thank you all so much. I will stay at it. I feel like I am in a war.

Posted: 2012-06-12 22:40
I suggest you quit. I suggest we all quit.

So much emphasis is placed on success that everyone feels like a failure most of the time. Stress, hypertension, and depression are rampant. Sales of caffeine, cigarettes, and xanax are through the roof.

So I say it's perfectly ok to quit, to fail. Take the pressure off of yourself. No stigma.

Do something else for awhile. Like knitting. Or trying out for American Ninja Warrior.

Then when you start to miss CW, you are always welcome to come back.

--... ...--

Posted: 2012-06-13 15:30
HI.

Morriscode is not the guy cut of the right wood.

When the people, that did create the products, that he advices to use, were cut of the same wood, those products would not exist at all. They quit before production.

And we were all living like the population of central Africa were, 100 years ago.

So live like a parasite, OR train your character to improve your abilities. Never give up what you decided to do, otherwise the already invested time is wasted time. We all have a limited amount of time available in our life, and when you finally die and look back, best thing is that you can say "I never wasted time, and I deployed and developed the talents I got with birth the best way I could"

Better IMHO then: "My life was worthless, because the only thing I did was spending leasure time, and using products other people produced, There is no difference between the cat of the neigbours and me"

Posted: 2012-07-01 06:43
If you need some inspiration, try reading some of this book: (it's a free ebook, search on google for the title)

"The art and skill of radio telegraphy"

Especially Chapter D - The Experiences of a number of QRQ Operators who have achieved it.

Posted: 2012-07-19 19:13
Give it a rest for a couple days Lynn. It helps me. Adding a new letter freaks my mind a little bit. But practice gets me through it. You are dedicated. I don't spend more than 15-20 minutes a day.

Posted: 2012-08-02 19:03
Additional comment. When I first started learning CW, I wrote it on paper. Then I scored it. It was still the Koch method but not on-line. When I discovered this on-line I started using this. But typing in what I heard made it harder. After struggling for two weeks I changed my practice.
Now I listen and write the letters on my paper. Then I type them in for score. For me, I'm getting better accuracy. After all, when I get on the air for CW, I'll be writing on paper, not keying it in. So I am pleased with my results. Might work for others.

Posted: 2012-08-27 15:08
i notice at the speeds i currently am, that i could not catch up with the pen... in real life QSOs i sometimes throw the pen frustrated against my rig - and focus on mind-reading or whatever you call it. When using LCWO, i can still type fast enough - but pen and paper does not work for me beyond 20 WPM... i guess this is one of the walls they speak off, when you are really forced to hear and memorize words rather than letters... 5 WPM was my barrier, when i was forced to memorize letters instead of counting dots and dashes....
--
moral of the story, we all struggle with something at some level - we are all on the same path that has no ending. we may be on a different position on that vector, but we share fate. Dont give up, take a step backwards, a few days pause - (morsemachine is a great helper on this site, try it for letters not familiar enough) different excercise... speed down by 5 , next day back up by 5 ... etc etc

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $