Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (22)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Thanks

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-04-18 16:27
I would just like to thank Fabian for all the work he has put into this great site.

Over the last few weeks I made a really determined effort to learn CW - and today I finished lesson 40.

I learned at 15/12 & wasnt starting completely from scratch, so started here at lesson 14.

I've now switched my speed up to 15/15 and am doing fine. When I feel I have that mastered, I'll vary code group lengths & then add some extra prosigns/characters.

Then it will be time to up the speed to 20/15, 20/20... then, who knows.

This is an excellent site & if you really want to learn CW & are determined, you can do it here.

Some days are good, some days are bad - but you learn something important on both.

Thanks again

Posted: 2012-04-19 21:07
I'm with you, David: a big thanks to Fabian, I think the site is great.

I haven't finished the lessons yet (only got to lesson 10 so far), but when work eases off a bit I hope to make some better progress.

Well done for finishing!

Posted: 2012-04-20 02:38
Yes Thank you. I just could not get the hang of it until I started to use the Morse machine. After about three sessions I have all 40 characters at 3 WPM. I will just stick with the machine. Why is it "Beta"? I still have a ways to go, but I have the basics

Posted: 2012-04-21 19:09
John, I found the 8-14 period the most difficult part of learning by far - because it takes quite a bit of effort to get there and it seems so far to get to ~41 characters, just keep at it and you'll get there. I gave up around 13 and set my learning back maybe 6 months until I registered here.

Jerry, the morse machine is very useful. When I was worn out and couldnt copy accurately to paper but had some time on my hands, I set the Morse Machine to 25WPM - way above my 15 Koch learning speed.

I just kept hammering away at the keyboard and found myself working up a rhythm - if I got up to say 5.5-5.7 effective speed, I'd try and hold it there. Once my speed errors started increasing and my speed started going down, I'd call it quits.

The next day, I'd go back to the Koch method and it seemed slow in comparison and I was able to progress.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $