Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (7)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: lesson 4 gaps in the code

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-03-28 00:40
Its really strange, but on lesson 4, I am really struggling since the introduction of the letter e.

When I try the lesson there seems to be gaps in the CW. But, when I try morse machine, I do not seem to notice them. At first, I really thought it was my internet connection but, now, after trying the same letters with morse machine it seems like its the play back of the CW.

As usual, I will carry on, but I think I will stick to morse machine just for now.

Posted: 2012-03-28 19:25
What speed settings were you using?

Posted: 2012-03-30 00:29
The Character speed was 20wpm and effective was at 10wpm.

At first for the training, I used my droid tablet and, sometimes I had trouble with the characters sounding different. But, when this lesson was begun, all sence of timing and character recognition dissapeared.

Although, from yesterday, as well as using and external keyboard, the use of a external speaker makes a big difference.

Tonight, I almost got my timing right on the last go so things are improving with more work on the lesson. Perhaps, it because the use of E, might be padded out with a little time, as the other characters are so I can coppy them.

Posted: 2012-03-30 10:56
"E" is definitely the easiest character to miss, but I've a suspicion that dits at the ends of words may be shorter than dits elsewhere, which makes them easier to miss, perhaps?

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $