Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (10)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Lcwo on iPad?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-03-04 12:22
I have an original iPad which (I guess due to the lack of Java and JavaScript) won't run the live version of LCWO.

I can use the "download the mp3 files" option but what next? Do I have to import them into iTunes on my Mac or can I download them to iDisk or Dropbox directly?

Any help appreciated.

Cracking site by the way, Admin. Thanks a big one!

JD
Administrator

Posted: 2012-03-05 21:47
I can't help you with iTunes, but as far as my knowledge goes, the iPad supports JavaScript and HTML5, so you should be able to use the HTML5 player (under CW Settings, http://lcwo.net/cwsettings) directly.

Fabian

Posted: 2012-03-05 22:57
Hey John

No so long ago, i used to use my ipad on here easily.

Try connecting to itunes and allowing it to update your OS. Also, go into Safari setting and ensure its turned on, all your main setting there might be more java setting.

Good luck.

Posted: 2012-03-05 23:09
Fabian,
sorry, you're quite right. I can use the iPad for live use of lcwo.net lessons when I'm network connected (once I've made sure I set the player to HTML5).

I was hoping to use the 'MP3 practice files' options to store a load of lesson files on the iPad to use when I'm NOT connected to the 'net. That's tricky on the iPad, as it doesn't want you to use local storage, except for a few apps that can connect to DropBox or iDisk.

Simple route is to use a normal desktop machine to generate a load of files using lcwo.net BEFORE you really need them and find yourself stranded with only the iPad :-) then load them into iTunes and sync it to the iPad (or iPod or iPhone) in advance. Plus load the *.txt files into DropBox and sync or make them into an eBook.

Hmm, that's getting a bit tricky.

I've now loaded your ebook2cw software onto an Ubuntu machine in the loft and I'm driving it with a perl script to make a full series of 20/15 lessons so I can download them and have them (wherever I'm up to on the live site) if I'm caught off-net. Happy to share the perl script if anyone wants it?

Posted: 2012-03-11 15:50
Another option is to install the Ham Morse iOS app ($4.99), which also uses the Koch method. Configure Ham Morse to use the alphabet and speed you've reached on LCWO, and you can use that offline and then come back to LCWO when you're connected. I'm doing the reverse right now - after using Ham Morse a little bit, I just discovered LCWO and plan to use it when I'm on my desktop machine.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $