Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (18)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Listen again?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-03-02 12:40
Sometimes an exercise goes completely wrong for me; more than 50% errors, or something like that. I'd really like to be able to listen to the lesson again with the correct text in front of me so that I can try to figure out what I'm hearing incorrectly. I can't just go back and re-try because, of course, the lesson is re-generated and there's different text. I could cut-n-paste the strings from the table (one by one) into the "convert text to CW" page, but that's rather tedious.

Any chance that the "Play" widget could be copied into the results page, please?
[deleted]

Posted: 2012-03-02 19:07
possibly depends on your browser.

Under windows Vista with Firefox 3.6.12:

Link to MP3 file in the play/pause window yields the text in the underline.

Back page shows your entered text and repeat play in the play/pause window reproduces the audio and you can read your own text and compare with the sound.

You have Linux? Sorry thats the price you have to pay for contrariness.

Posted: 2012-03-06 12:13
All very well (and yes, the link's there on linux and Mac, too) but unless I remember to save the file every time before I check my reading, then by the time I realise I want to listen to the code again, it's too late...
[deleted]

Posted: 2012-03-06 14:34
I think this is an excellent idea. I have suggested the same thing for word training to fabian. Simply make all the words in the table on the results page a link to the mp3 at the speed in which it was originally presented. I am sure there are numerous ways to implement it. Currently, The process is a bit tedious.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $