Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (38)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Lesson suggestion

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-02-08 18:15
I was wondering if it would be feasible to add about another (1) second of a delay from the time you click the "Play" button to begin a lesson, and the time it actually starts to send your lesson? It just seems like such a short amount of time to get your fingers in place, get focused and get ready to type. I have managed, but another second would just take away a little bit of the anxiety of, "Am I ready?" Just a thought.

Posted: 2012-02-08 20:01
Try ticking the "Transmission prefix/suffix:" box in your CW settings. That way you'll get "VVV=" sent before the first lesson character, and "AR" sent after the last, which should give you the time you want...

Posted: 2012-02-09 06:05
Thanks, I didn't even see that, it works great. Is that the intended purpose of that feature, or does it have another purpose too?

Posted: 2012-02-14 02:48
I think it may be the purpose. If I remember correctly, the US ham cw tests used to start with VVV, and many tapes and cds did too. It is commonly used to mean "testing" on the air. I often use it when tuning my antenna.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.