Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (21)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: CW character delay in Lessons

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-11-29 00:58
About a week ago I started getting an approximately 2 second delay in starting the CW play of letters selected in CW Lessons, prior to this the code elements started immediately.

This is very disconcerting.

Any recommendations.

KJ4WGU

Posted: 2011-11-29 01:11
Are you using Flash Player 10? If so try changing the CW settings to use HTML5.

I believe the following note on the CW settings page explains what you are seeing.

"Flash Player 10: Use this if you are using Flash Player version 10 on your computer. This version has a bug which causes the first second of a transmission to be garbled. When using this option, an additional second of silence will be added in front of each transmission to avoid this problem."

Posted: 2011-11-29 02:02
KI4YWH
Thanks for the suggestion.

I was using Flash Player 10. When I changed to HTML5 in CW Settings indicates; "HTML5 Audio tag not supported" (it wont work). Is my PC software that old???

KJ4WGU

Posted: 2011-11-29 02:30
If you right click on the player in the browser is should pop up a window that has the Flash Player version. If the actual version of flash you have installed is greater than 10, you should be able to select the first option in the CW Settings, which is just "Flash Player".

When I do this I do hear a small bit of noise at the front but the first actual tones to come through are not garbled.

If you want to try HTML5 I would suggest getting Chrome, that works for me.

Posted: 2011-11-29 17:24
I use chrome and experience the same delay, so I guess something has changed.
I don't think this is bad though. It copes with start-issues and is something I will get used to.

Joep

Posted: 2011-11-29 23:39
Greetings DJ1YFK Engineer Extraordinair;

Please review postings on this forum concerning 2 second delays on CW LESSON CW element playback and offer resolution or suggestions..
KJ4WGU
Administrator

Posted: 2011-12-03 21:35
Hey Mike et al.

sorry, I have been busy with other stuff lately. I did, indeed, change some things concerning the delays/spacing last weekend, and now reverted it.

I guess I will introduce some custom parameter, which defines a delay on a per-user basis.

Fabian DJ1YFK

Posted: 2011-12-04 00:11
Thanks Fabian;

Life is good again.

73 KJ4WGU

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $