Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (37)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Humanly Impossible!

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-07-09 13:40
I thought that I would ask this question as I get closer to unchartered territory.

At what CPM do you believe it will be no longer humanly possible to copy code?

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-07-09 15:28
Oh boy, I give you answer after I will mention that you are world champion , YOU just YOU have at the speedrate of copying one call at 183 wpm the HIGHEST ratio between maxspeed at any attempt divided by maximum score for copying 50 calls at Rufzxp.

All the other guys (non americans) that have a max speed at any attempt that is higher have only a ratio of 1 to 1.25

About your question. The limit of your ears is reached, according to Shannons rules, when your upper limit of hearing sound (abt 10 kHz I suppose) is equal to half the baudrate of the Morse code. When your hearing should be the limit
it turns out to be about 24000 wpm. But I am pretty sure that not your hearing but your brains set the limit.

Brains have a limited bandwidth, the eye as evolutionary part of the brain has more bandwdth.

So copying code and at the same time watching to a LED on off in the rithm of the code might help, but the retention of the retina is limited to 16 PICTURES (not points) per second or so. Hence moving the led during decoding is important

Dont take my answer serious because Nomen est Omen and my mother, the well known green (=safe) lady Absinthe, gave me as first name Moron, because my first sound was dah dah
dahdahdah dedaaahde and she as a professional telegrapher at the army could tell everybody that I could already transmit half my name in Morse code, so she decided to mention me Moron. And naturally other people, such as you, do the same; hence according to ZEN it must be my natural determined base name.
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-07-09 16:04
I love your wisdom and sense of humor; no wonder you and I get along so well.

I will now do a disappearing act!

Posted: 2011-07-10 15:54
ah ah ah ah ah

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.