Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (6)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Koch Course CW Statistics graph

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-05-01 04:15
I think the graph gets a little "ugly" looking as more and more attempts are added if/when you skip back and re-do previous lessons. As is... you get going okay and get up to say lesson 14 or something, then get distracted with life and don't get back to thinking about CW for the better part of a year... and so you need a refresher, so you quickly go back through the lessons again...

If there was an alternate graph (choice?) where... for instance all lesson 1 attempts would be grouped together, all lesson 2, etc... instead of strictly by whichever number attempt it is currently... it would look cleaner... though it would not have as much as a "over time" feeling to it as the current statistics graph has...

Instead of looking like this:
1 2 3 4 5 3 56 7 1 3 56 7 9 11 13 14 1 3 456 8
It would look more like this:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Where the space from one number (lesson) to the next is proportional to the number of attempts for that lesson.

Another possibility, somewhat related, could be like a bar graph, with 1 bar for every letter/character that is covered in the lessons, and the "height" of the bar could represent... for instance... % of the time that you miss a certain character, or something. This could help by giving a visual indication of the characters you need to work on the most.

Am I making any sense?

Just some ideas I suppose... Any other similar graphical ideas? What do y'all think?
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-05-01 10:22
Some ideas:

1. register another (2nd) userID for catch up sessions
2. Erase the catch up sessions in your record list
3. Import your results and make a graph using Excell or what have you

Administrator

Posted: 2011-05-01 11:47
Hi,

when I wrote the functions to display the graph, I somehow thought of these things and made it variable in size and had some provisions to select the displayed data. But I never did anything with these functions yet :)

Especially if you look at the graphs of some active users (or even "test") it becomes apparent that some filtering or range selection is certainly needed:

At the moment I am giving a new GUI for ebook2cw the finishing touches, after that I will devote some time to remove some items from the LCWO todo-list!

Fabian DJ1YFK

Posted: 2011-05-01 22:16
Ah, ok. Glad to know that this kinda stuff is on your mind.

Anyways, love the site!
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-05-02 00:09
dj1yfk:
Hi,

Quod licet Iovi non licet bovi!
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-05-02 01:18
Father,

Sic vita est!
Administrator

Posted: 2011-06-13 12:48
OK, a first step in improving the readability of the graphs: You can limit the display to only one lesson. This already makes things a lot clearer, especially if you have finished hundreds of lessons.

More to come :)

Fabian

Posted: 2015-07-11 13:51
Something similar for graphs on other exercises might be useful; say "Show most recent 100/250/500" points options? By the time you've got more than 500 points to display there's insufficient horizontal space for all the points anyway.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $