Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (18)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: transmitting

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-04-19 08:35
aaargh! for cw receiving I'm teaching my brain to decode sounds in characters but...
I tried to tranmit the few characters I know (see "Mouse Key" thread)... big disaster
Fabian, what do you advise

a) forget about transmitting, finish all course and get on the air and start listening or
b) start training my hands transmitting, and in case, start with vertical or pad?

Posted: 2011-04-19 09:09
a) Get to about lesson 10 receiving then start learning to send. Start with "rubber stamp" QSO format like callsign de callsign pse k etc

b) I think by vertical you mean "straight key" and by pad you mean "paddle with electronic keyer". If you have a rig with a keyer then go for the paddle, it will help because it gets the length and gaps of the character elements correct for you which is important for readability.

Posted: 2011-04-20 12:43
I started making mp3s that have enough space after a word to give me time to repeat the word using a key(iambic paddle). This has made practicing sending a lot more interesting.
For the beginner learning how to use an iambic paddle I recommend keeping it simple, with a LOT
of repetition. Just add spaces ( 20 or so ) after a word or phrase. It works great and is easy to do with this wonderful program -ebook2cw-.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $