Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (24)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Check result not working

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-04-12 17:03
Check result doesn't appear to be working on the Koch course?

Posted: 2011-04-12 17:25
It works for me. Make sure you do not forget the spaces between the groups. Each group is five letters long, then there is a space.

Posted: 2011-04-12 18:00
Problem sorted - a new add-on in Firefox had stopped it working.

Posted: 2011-04-13 12:02
Nice easy fix, then. ;)

That "missing space" one catches me, sometimes. Then I end up with results like this:

Groups: 30 (90 characters), Errors 67 = 74.4%
Real speed: 90 characters / 94.7 seconds = 11.4 wpm / 57 cpm
Levenshtein-Errors: 18 = 20 %

...with near enough 75% errors because I left a space out between groups 6 and 7. The Levenshtein-Errors figure is in this case a more accurate indicator, and I think it's the one that gets used on the progress graphs.

Posted: 2011-04-13 12:48
If you hit the back button on your browser you can edit your results and resubmit them. Then delete the incorrect result from your list of attempts.

Posted: 2011-04-13 14:07
Not on this browse, apparently; going back always results in the previously entered attempt being cleared and a new audio set being generated. Oh, it warns you it's going to re-run something, but tell it not to, and it doesn't go back. ;)
Administrator

Posted: 2011-04-13 14:40
As you may have noticed, I did very little work on LCWO lately. But one of the points on the todo-list is to improve this behaviour. It'd be easy to generate a warning if an user wants to submit a text that contains "suspicious" groups, i.e. that are much longer than 5 letters (or whatever the maximum group length was set).

This warning message would be given before the text is actually submitted for grading, so it'll be easy to recheck, fix and finally submit the corrected text.

Fabian

Posted: 2011-04-13 15:43
...and back to the main topic; the results do look a little strange if you have random group lengths selected. For some reason, the maximum number of errors in a group seems to be 5 even though the groups can be up to 7 long. With a bit of luck you can score only 75% errors (according to the first "Errors" figure) even if you enter nothing at all! Again, the Levenshtein-Errors figure is the one that gets it right. :)

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.