Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (13)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Missed code character

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-03-18 21:32
If you miss a character while copying your code practice do do not leave it blank as I did the first time as that will get your count off. Instead, type a period ( . ) in it's place. This will also help later when copying real QSO's as it will make it easier to fill in the missed character.
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-03-19 17:57
Just fill in one of the characters op present or previous lessons.
When you type in lesson 1 characters K snd nothing else you have already a score of 50% on te average.

Posted: 2013-09-02 08:56
Hm, I came to the point where the next character in the Koch training is the period ("."). Up to now I used the period as placeholder for missing characters (and it does help me to be able to distinguish between letters I did not catch and those I misread). At the moment, I think about using the underscore or something else that is fast to write and will not pop up in one of the next lessons as a valid character. Any suggestions?

Posted: 2013-09-02 11:27
When you follow the advice of [deleted] march 19,
you reach a passing score op 90% when you actually perform less.

Underscore has the disadvantage of upper case, you are better of with the {[ or ]} key, because those characters do not exist in Morse code, and you can press them shift independent.

How about a space? Is easiest.

Posted: 2013-09-03 09:33
Thanks, Lea, for your reply! I thought some more about it and came to the conclusion that in real life the period would be in such places (end of sentence, within numbers) that it would not be read as "missing". And for the training course, I hope that's not going to take forever :)

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $