Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (14)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: fell like a small brained

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-03-08 13:22
I'm stuck at lesson 3, 10wpm and I can't go on.
Errors are always more than 10%.
Should I reduce speed or number of characters?
What is the speed I have to reach before I move to next lesson?
I realised that if I decrease speed, the system allows to go to next lesson, but I don't think is useful to finish all lessons by decreasing speed.
Tell Mr Koch I will go for PSK31

Posted: 2011-03-08 14:30
You don't mention a character speed. One of the main points of using the Koch method is to have characters at a high speed (18 is good) but to have big gaps between them so you have "thinking time". Try setting 18cpm and 5wpm and start again from the beginning.

Posted: 2011-03-08 16:04
Thank you Colin, will try and post the result.
Riccardo

Posted: 2011-03-08 16:49
Colin, for lesson #1 the best result (amonngst some disastrous) with a setting of 20/10 is 10%.
The problem now is also writing, even if I'm a good typist, because one hand is busy with the return key.
Anyway, I understood it's better to keep up the speed and not to slow down to go for the next lesson.
Thanks for your advices.
Riccardo
Administrator

Posted: 2011-03-08 16:59
Riccardo,

instead of hitting return after each group, you can also use the space bar, which should be much more comfortable.

Fabian

Posted: 2011-03-08 18:05
thank you fabian, this will allow me to keep both hands in position.
Congratulations for your work.
Riccardo

Posted: 2011-03-08 20:07
I decided to erase all previous statistics and start again. Default speed are too fast for me, so I started with lesson 1, speed 10/10 and encrease up to 20/10. I will move to lesson 2 when I reach 90% accuracy at speed 20/10, and so on.

Posted: 2011-03-09 08:09
*No* Do *not* change the character speed!

You need to learn the *rhythm* of the characters, you can't do that if you keep changing the character speed. If you can't copy then turn down the *word* speed which will give bigger gaps and more thinking time.
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-03-09 11:47
Come on Riccardo, you are not a loser, are you?

Roma and Firenze are not build in one day, neither are you, when you don't believe: ask your mother.

Everything of great value needs time to grow.

Colin G8TMV is right. Keep the first number, the character speed high, default is 20, 18 is OK.

The second number is an indication of the allowed thinking time, put that between 10 and perhaps a little lower.

You are since Jan 20 active with 37 attempts and proceeded to lesson 5.

That is not OK because you have to exercise 15 minutes every day, you did much less and you proceeded to fast to the next lesson.

Posted: 2011-03-10 22:37
Thanks to both of you.
Now i focused what are character and word speed.
Will bring up character and if needed (for sure) go back to previous lessons.

Posted: 2011-03-10 22:45
At 18/6 speeds, back to lesson 4, 13,5% error.
This is the way, tomorrow will start again.
Good night.
Riccardo

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $