Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (16)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: CW-Literatur

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-02-04 16:17
Ich würde gerne wissen, ob daran Interesse besteht, in diesen Seiten auch freizugängliche Literatur vorzuhalten, die dem Erlernen von CW im weitesten Sinne dient? Wie wäre es z.B. mit dem Buch 'Die Kunst der Radiotelegrafie', das ins Deutsche übertragen von DL9AI auf dem Server der AKAFUNK an der TU Braunschweig als PDF vorgehalten wird?

73 de Karl, DK7AL

Posted: 2011-02-04 16:18
Hier ist der Link zum Buch

http://gruppen.tu-bs.de/studver/akafunk/download/pierpont.pdf

Posted: 2011-02-06 13:21
Hallo Karl,
Vielen Dank für die Info! Ich bin immer interessiert an CW-Literatur.
Auf der Seite des Helvetia Telegraphy Club (www.htc.ch) unter der Rubrik "QRP/Homebrew/Software" finden sich auch ufb Infos.
Vy73 de Fritz HB9CSA,DL4FDM

Posted: 2011-02-06 14:39
Hi folks,

if someone is looking for CW literature where a profound source of knowledge are documented, then have a look in the well known book 'The Art & Skill of Radio-Telegraphy' by William G. Pierpoint, N0HFF in its third edtion. This book (PDF, 241 pages) can be found for free download if you look under the following URL:

http://www.qsl.net/n9bor/images/The%20Art%20&%20Skill%20of%20Radio-Telegraphy%203rd%20edition%204-02.pdf

If you would like to read this famous book in German language, translated by DL9AI, then have a look on the link in the initial part of this thread.

Have fun and enjoy.

73 de Karl, DK7AL

Posted: 2011-02-10 13:40
http://www.hotpeppersoftware.com/downloads/pom_downloads.html

Hi Folks, the address above is a complete book converted to morse in MP3 format.
Found this a few weeks ago, its fun and has helped my struggle with cw.

Mike G0GCA
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-02-10 18:18
Michael Collins G0GCA,

What is the sense of downloading a book in MP3 when you can make the files all by yourself, any speed any tone even with noise added?

Free books are available in the Gutenberg Project, a lot of classics. Just use the program
that you can download written by DJ1YFK, who makes use of the Lame MP3 encoder.

http://lcwo.net/forum/513/ebook2cw-080-released

Posted: 2011-02-10 18:57
Rahher than Gutenberg I prefer small children stories. Simpler language, simpler words, shorter sentences.

Ebook2CW is brilliant.

Gerd.
Administrator

Posted: 2011-02-10 19:54
Hi guys,

I've been quiet for a couple of days because I was abroad (some may have heard me as E7/DJ1YFK :-) and quite busy with other things...

DK7AL:
Ich würde gerne wissen, ob daran Interesse besteht, in diesen Seiten auch freizugängliche Literatur vorzuhalten, die dem Erlernen von CW im weitesten Sinne dient?

Yes!

On the one hand, a collection of Morse resources (links, but also files hosted on this server if the material is in the public domain or a permission is available) would be a great addition to this site; yet one that requires careful editing and selection of materials. Maybe something that could be implemented in a Wiki-style.

On the other hand, I have been planning to make it easier to generate Morse ebooks with ebook2cw. There's a very simple GUI available now, but it'd be possible to extend it to automatically download an ebook from a specified URL and generate it with the given parameters.
Another possibility that crossed my mind was to offer customized packages: Enter what you want on a web form (e.g. the title of the book, speed, etc.) and with one click you can download a small EXE file which contains everything to generate the MP3 / OGG files of the ebook.

df9ts:
I prefer small children stories. Simpler language, simpler words, shorter sentences.

That's why I prefer English over German books :-)

I am currently reading "Monsieur Lecoq", which is in English but contains a few German sentences. Listening to it a little below my personal limit for English text, I completely failed to understand most of the German words!

Fabian DJ1YFK

Posted: 2011-02-10 21:32
Fabian, the ebook2cw GUI is simple to use.

I find myself however editing the downloaded test before generating the cw mp3 (remove ", ', transmorm ß ä ö ü ...).

Also somtimes character set issues.

Maybe a robust text conversion would be nice?

Gerd.

Posted: 2011-02-10 22:14
Hi all,

I think there is a misunderstandig - introduced by the user 'Michael Collins'.

My intention to recommend that book was to give an idea to collect usefull literature regarding the learn process of CW and may be other interesting things around that. But not to take a book as a source for electronic translation to some sort of code like morse. This is a complete misunderstanding because books should be read and their content should be used to enhance the own personal knowledge e.g. how the own learning process and things that could be used to expedite the learning. Which methods could be used to overcome own blockings if such occur and many other things around CW telegraphy.

I hope you understand now a bit better... :)

73 de Karl, DK7AL
Administrator

Posted: 2011-02-11 08:16
Hi Karl,

I got it right, but maybe my answer was not clear.

I am interested in both: Adding a list/collection of CW-related resources (books, articles, etc.) to the site, and offering CW ebooks of some sort. :-)

df9ts:
I find myself however editing the downloaded test before generating the cw mp3 (remove ", ', transmorm ß ä ö ü ...).

Also somtimes character set issues.

Maybe a robust text conversion would be nice?

The version of ebook2cw I am currently working on already has some features to make these things easier. Simple character set modifications can already be made by means of ebook2cw.conf and the mapping files, but it should be possible to access/modify/set these from the GUI, too.
I am also preparing an automatic recognition of the character set (at least the most common ones, ISO 8859-1 and UTF-8).

Fabian DJ1YFK

Posted: 2011-02-11 11:09
Hi Fabian,

the only thing I'd like to complain is that we mix two things together in one thread and produce a slight confusion for the ordinary reader. Therefore both subjects should be split in two separated threads.

Just my two cents...

73 de Karl, DK7AL

Posted: 2011-02-11 12:33
Sorry for any confusion I caused but it was with the best of intentions.

From the response my email got I can see that I won't bother with this forum again.

De

G0GCA.... passed 12 words a min in 86
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-02-11 14:19
G0GCA:
Sorry for any confusion I caused but it was with the best of intentions.
G0GCA.... passed 12 words a min in 86

Oh boy, no problem at all.
Just try to learn to read the forum before you place a comment, otherwise we get periodic idea generation without any progress.

M0RON .... passed 45 words a min in 56

Posted: 2011-02-11 15:20
Don't worry moron, this is the last time I will visit this site with its self apointed Thought Police.
Goodbye you are welcome to it.
Administrator

Posted: 2011-02-11 15:54
Oh dear.

I don't want to turn this forum into a moderated one (which would be a real "Thought Police"), because the majority of people on this forum seem to be familiar with social conventions and the netiquette.

There's nothing wrong with criticism, but it should be formulated in a friendly and constructive way. It doesn't cost a dime to be friendly and makes this place a lot nicer and puts weight on the content of the criticism rather than on the inadequate tone.

Now let's please get back to the general topic of CW.

Fabian DJ1YFK

Posted: 2011-02-11 16:22
The capability to change playback speed on the CW audio books would be nice.
Many CW audio books in the internet, few match my speed. I use Audacity to change speed of mp3 but that won't be everybody's choice.

Maybe mp3s in various speeds - but that will be a lot of files. Or use midi?

Gerd.
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-02-11 19:46
Nothing wrong with translating to Morsecode MP3 the free bookfile of Pierpont in the original English, translated French and finally translated German version.

Its a pity that Collins ran away, Collins sounds in my ears as heaven and certainly better than 7 times 7 virgins for free.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $