Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文
Who is online? (9)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: New symbols within CW parameters

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2010-12-20 13:26
How can I incorporate new symbols within my cw parameters to be learned? So how to incorporate e.g. the swedish letter (HTML entity å) Å = .--.- in my parameters?

73 de Karl, DK7AL
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-12-20 14:40
Put a combination between sharp arrow left (smaller than) and sharp arrow right (larger than)hence Å = .--.- is [wa]
or [ak] or [eq] or [pt] with sharp arrows instead of []

[ak] is not senseless: A mit einer Kopf.

Posted: 2010-12-20 14:56
I do not see a possibility to add new symbols within my CW parameters (Account->CW Parameter). For training sessions I can select among already defined symbols, but where and how could this set be extended? Your tweaks are highly appreciated.

73 de Karl, DK7AL
Administrator

Posted: 2010-12-20 15:24
Hi Karl,

what Moron describes can be used in the text2cw translator, for example. Any characters can be added together (like prosigns) by enclosing them in angle brackets: , .

For the custom character sets, the Å itself is not implemented, but there is À which is the same in CW (.--.-). I can add Å as a substitute for À, so you can use it to practice.

Fabian DJ1YFK

PS: Since I moved my own development version of LCWO to a more modern system, which is fully UTF8-capable, I am slowly working towards Unicode support on this site. This will not only make it easier to support "special" characters like Å and other "extended latin" letters, but also the Cyrillic alphabet, etc..

PPS: < and > are usually filtered out by the HTML filter, but you can include them in forum posts by their HTML representations &gt; and &lt;.
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-12-20 16:58
DK7AL:
Your tweaks are highly appreciated.

73 de Karl, DK7AL

OK, Your <appreciation> is highly appreciated.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.