简体中文
Who is online? (16)

Discussion forum for user group: RufzXP Hints and Tips Group

Thread: Regression!

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-10-03 05:56
Chuck...can you comment on this with your experience.

I am on my fourth day of feeling regression and I have felt regression before but none as badly as this time.

Here's what is happening:

My Rufz scores have completely tanked.

In my runs I totally am getting the calls completely wrong with not even a single letter right.

Letters and numbers are missing completely ( I copied a 1x2 call today to look at it in amazement to see that it was a 2x3 and it happened several times.

Am I going crazy?

What is to be done? Do I take a buinch of time off or do I keep working on my cw daily as I always have?

Frustrated,

Craig

Posted: 2010-10-03 14:40
Is your staring speed too high? Try lowering it a bit, getting warmed up at a comfortable speed before pushing yourself.

How many Rufz runs do you do at one sitting? In my experience, after about two, my concentration and scores go down.

How does your experience with Rufz compare to call sign training and word training here on LCWO? Maybe a variation is in order.

73 de Chuck
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-10-03 16:17
Chuck,

My starting speed is 222 and every time I achieve a new high I inch my starting speed up a tad.

I almost always do a warmup with my MFJ Pocket Trainer at 5 - 10wpm higher than my comfort level. My warmups are 10 minutes in length..

I never do more than 3 runs in one sitting. I do 3 morning, 3 mid day and 3 evening. On good days I do a few more.

I am just into callsigns being a contester so my weekness is words and I never learned all puncuation.

Craig

Posted: 2010-10-04 16:15
I find myself varying starting speed a lot, especially if I feel I'm regressing. I wouldn't worry too much about a 4 day slump-- you're in this for the long haul, I presume. Check out W4BQF's website and read his comments on the difficult hump that occurs somewhere in the mid 50 wpm range.

When I look at plots of my progress, I'm reminded of what a random process this learning (as well as the measurement of learning) is, and how infrequently I manage to pull everything together to achieve an new peak.

The only punctuation I find in the LCWO word training is the dash, or hyphen character. I guess our goals are a somewhat different, as I prefer copying plain text or words to callsigns.

-73-

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.