Who is online? (31)

Discussion forum for user group: RufzXP Hints and Tips Group

Thread: Hi Katia!

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-08-13 05:59
Hi Katia,

Are you doing RufzXP yet? I don't see your call RZ9UMA in the results yet. I am looking under Toplist results for Females 16 and younger but cannot find you. Am I looking in the right place?

Talk to you soon,

BOB

Posted: 2010-08-15 09:38
Hi BOB,
My result is only here on lcwo.net (only 163 position now)
Program RufzXP downloaded recently. I shall try it.
Katia
P.S. You my favourite hero from a cartoon film. HiHi.
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-08-16 06:41
Katia,

I'm going to watch you on RufzXP each Tuesday when results are published. This will be fun!

You tell me I am your hero, well guess what? You are my hero. I see that you love copying callsigns and what is amazing is you are right below my friend Craig-AH8DX. His score is 4917 and 52wpm and you are 4715 and 35wpm. Not much of a difference in score for a 17wpm differential.

The word differential is the same as difference but is used in the English language when generally talking about mathmatical differences.

Not only are you improving your cw here but by stopping by on this forum, you also will master the English language.

Talk to you soon,

BOB

Posted: 2010-08-17 06:25
BOB,
On lcwo I did the fixed speed. In RuzXP for me it is unusual that speed is increased after everyone callsign and I have a little become puzzled. Now 16 position in A - YOUNGSTER FEMALES, but I think the next week it will be better.

Katia
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-08-17 16:56
Hi Katia,

I'm reading here too.

I know, I am still kind of confused on that starting speed in RufzXP.

I believe, my starting speed is a little low and everytime I hit a new high score, I bump the starting speed up one or two levels.

Some have started at an uncomfortable high starting speed and try not to fall down and I have tried it that way but with no success. I prefer starting low and climbing like you do with your bike.

Kind of like when you see a steep hill and you need to get a good run at it to climb up it and get to the top (but be careful starting too low does not gain you lots of points).

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-08-18 06:37
Katia,

I finally had a chance to look at your first Toplist Result. WOW! You appear to be a natural.

For me, I just started working on cw in January and I really have to work hard at it.

Tell me, what was your starting speed for that attempt ?CPM

I see your top speed was 243CPM. I think you may be good enough for you to maybe start at that speed and try not to fall down but it would be easy for you to tell.

Pull up your best attempt of 50 callsigns. Make a list on a sheet of paper and put a check mark after each one of these speeds:
and so forth.

For example, if your majority of check marks are at 216, then that area possibly is your comfortable speed I think, so you could start there maybe or maybe a couple steps below for you to gain momentum.

Do you understand what I am saying?

Can you share your results of the information I am asking for so I can see?

Talk soon,

Craig, AH8DX

Posted: 2010-08-20 18:31
Hi Craig,

First time my starting speed was 119 CPM, but today I began with 101 and have improved result.
Mistakes begin with 236 CPM and I oscillate from 229 up to 250. Wrong callsigns - 11. 243 СPM is my limit. I shall try still later to lower starting speed.
You the present expert in RufzXP. Thank for the help.

Katia
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-09-09 20:19
Hi Katia,

Increase your starting speed so that your attempts have around 22, 23, 24 or 25 mistakes.

If your mistakes are below 20, it tells me that you are not pushing yourself to your fullest potential; which means your start speed is too low and you are leaving lots of points on the table.

Personally, I believe that you are good enough to have a start speed of 198 or 204.

If you can try to do 3 attempts when you wake up, 3 attempts mid-day and 3 attempts evening. Take a cpouple of days off once and awhile to rest your brain.

I am NO expert with RufzXP; I am just one who is learning from my own mistakes.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-09-13 14:57
Katia,

Please read above first.

You are invited to be on my cw contest team any day because I am assured (YOUR LOGS ARE PRESTINE), with very few callsign errors.

...but RufzXP is a high speed trainer which is training your ears and brain for fast reflex taking away all of the thinking process so that it eventually bypasses any thinking and becomes automatic. This is why errors/mistakes are not a bad thing in training.

With contest software when you are working a pile-up, my goal was always to hit the ENTER key as fast as possible to get that RATE meter to peak every minute. Each new minute, I would try to do better than the previous minute therefore always PUSHING myself.

When my rate's fall below a certain point, I pay attention to it and then change bands to get the rate meter to climb again on a new band.

This is why for everyone there is NO limit to maximum speed. Fabian, one day, will be at 500wpm (NOT CPM, hi)and it may come rather quickly. I'm almost convinced that if he wasn't so busy and could go to a small island for a year with nothing else to do but work cw on and off the air working on RufzXP and going to the beach to rest his body and brain that he indeed would hit 500wpm after the year on the small island. All expenses would be paid of course so he wouldn't have to worry about a single thing but cw.

88's,

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-10-02 20:23
Katia,

Congrats. I think you will get another one this week; probably over 22,000 points I think.

GL,

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-10-05 19:57
Congrats on 22,316.

Craig, AH8DX

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.