简体中文
Who is online? (36)

Discussion forum for user group: Old Hams but new to CW

Thread: new member

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2010-07-16 09:51
Hi,
now its time to start learning CW, just to be ready when my qrl is finished for that life.

Best regards

Gerhard
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-11-01 18:43
OK at Nov 1 2010 you did 7 exercises with 80
percent accuracy.

You need 800 exercises at your age to become proficient at 10 wpm, so you are smiling to me at the submitted photograph, but you better cry when you calculate that with your 7 exercises in 3,5 month you will be proficient at 10 wpm when you persist exercising in your coffin at the grave yard.

Posted: 2021-01-25 20:19
N4CPQ - Joe here...Just found this group and it sounds like I would fit right in. I am 75, originally licensed in the early 1970's with 5 wpm code requirement. Upgraded to tech in early 80's and only got general after code was eliminated. Upgraded to extra last year and want to learn code again. I can handle 5 wpm, but getting my speed up is going to take a bunch of effort. I would like to do some QRP CW stuff but antenna situation is a limit. Now using an indoor mag loop which was great to most of Europe and USA on PSK 31 and FT 8, but I can't see my CW on any WEBSDR's as of now. I am setting up a 75 foot random wire ant with 9:1 balun up about 10 feet to see how that does. I don't climb ladders and no big trees around me - small lot - so I do the best I can. I may be able to get antenna up about 15 feet but may save that for a G5RV Jr ant. Hope to see some of you on the air soon.

Posted: 2021-02-08 10:08
68, retired ready to start cw again took 5wpm many years ago..am optimistic

Posted: 2021-09-05 21:39
55, and giving it a go. Can't spell and transpose letters/numbers without knowing I did so. Add to that brain fog from the chemo. Might take a while. If I can keep at it daily I think I can do it.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.