Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (21)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Morse Weight Question!

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-07-12 07:10
Can someone with knowledge answer a morse weight question I have?

I generally use a weighting of 1:3:7

If I change my training to a weight of say 1:4:7, would this help me gain speed?

On the other hand if I make the weighting more difficult, say a weight of 1:2:5, would this help me gain speed?

When I mention (gain speed), I of course am talking about with persistent training after a period of time.

Tnx,

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-07-12 18:27
When you make 1 4 7 with he same speed dashes become longer and hence dots shorter. Do you think it will help you with distinguishing i s h 5?

What is anyway that 7? Not wordspace I suppose.

Is is Moron, the name you distributed to honourable people, not m0ron.
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-07-12 18:44
I don't know what to believe these days.

You have changed your name so many times, it is hard for me to keep up with you.

Why don't you just use your callsign so that I can do more research on you to see if your track record has validity.

Once I determine that your track record has validity from more than just one resource, like here; I then can determine if your answers to questions on the forum, carry any weight.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-07-13 18:35
I had the opportunity to finally play a little bit with morse weighting for the first time in my life in a training program I am using and "MY-OH-MY".

I copied a callsign at 316CPM after missing at the first 8 higher speed attempts. It was a call with /QRP so it really meant a lot to me.

Lesson to be learned. If anyone trys to be-little you and discourage you, proceed ahead in a positive direction.

(An added side-note: regarding your belittled comment on I S H 5. As my speeds get higher and my daily S H 5 drill, the problem is resolving itself. I now welcome calls that are loaded full of S H and a couple of 5's).

Craig, AH8DX

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $