简体中文
Who is online? (14)

Discussion forum for user group: RufzXP Hints and Tips Group

Thread: A Modern Day Way of Training!

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-05-26 17:50
When I played sports in college, there was a way as an athlete for us to activate our legs to get them ready for sprinting.

The way we did this is doing a particular excercise to activate our "fast twitch" muscles in our legs. The idea was to get warmed up and activate the muscle group that is responsible for getting the maximum out of our legs as possible.

So I really thought about this and tried to implement something into my daily training that I am doing to work up the Rufz chart.

I have had two relatively good jumps closely together and cannot neglect this part of my training that may be helping me so I must continue it.

Before I do my Rufz runs in the morning, I activate my brain by doing brain games. The website is below:

http://www.lumosity.com/brain-games/memory-games/memory-matrix

It is initially a free site but then after so many attempts or days, they want you to join. It then will be up to you to either join or just do the basic brain games. I do this for just 30 minutes a day before my runs.

Garbage?

You decide! Keep track of your Rufz runs and see if you can draw the correlation with progress.

Good Luck,

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-06-14 06:41
I am going on my second week of a brain game that includes morse code as an option. It is called Dual N-Back. The link is below:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/brainworkshop/brainworkshop-4.7-win32-setup.exe

I believe it is helping me with short term memory and fluid intelligence.

When doing a RufzXP 50 Call Sign run, do you ever find yourself trying to play back to yourself in your head what you think you just heard and can't remember if it was a certain letter even though it was just played to you a few seconds ago. As many times you try to think of what you just heard, you can't be for certain, so you take a guess. Then after you guess the wrong letter or number, you say to yourself (Oh yes, that was it).

Could possibly playing the Dual N-Back game be helping? It certainly is worth a try.

Craig, AH8DX

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.