Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (10)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Throwing Away Bad Scores!

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-04-11 17:33
You can see my profile since it is public.
Call Sign Rank #154
WPM: 62wpm
Score: 4642
Attempts: 515
* I don't know how to attach my graph here for all to see or I would, sorry.

I started with LCWO on January 4th this year I believe and being mainly a phone contester, I decided that I would start concentrating on cw rather than yelling into a microphone during contests so I therefore am only interested in copying call signs.

I have to admit, I have been hitting the back arrow key and throwing away bad runs. This came to light as I started getting better and working my speed upward. By doing this, my graph is not really a true one then.

In order to keep my graph true and 100% honest, I will today not hit the back arrow and throw away any scores.

You are going to see some big peaks and valley's now since I have been on a low valley for the past couple of days.

I believe I am trying way to hard and realized it when after sitting in the chair for many runs of LCWO and RUFZ, that my lower back was giving me back spasms and my scores were tanking even though I would get up once and awhile. My shoulders also were getting tensed up and I noticed I was perspiring more even though my office is 50 degrees F.

If you all could share your opinions, it would be great.

73 and everyone keep working hard. We will all surpass the 100wpm some day.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-04-11 17:51
Well, I just realized something now.

I just did 5 runs and "suck" this morning so I want to stop since I "suck" and come back later. I really wanted to sit here and do a couple dozen runs for practice.

I guess I'll take a break and come back later.

Craig, AH8DX

Posted: 2010-04-11 17:51
Hello Craig AH8DX,

I just want to point your intensity at work, you are currently on this site daily and your level progresses upward. I just want to congratulate you for your thoroughness.

I hope in all sincerity that you go reach your goal.

Vincent, F0CYA
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-04-11 18:29
Thanks for your kind words Vincent; it is very much appreciated.

Craig, AH8DX
Administrator

Posted: 2010-04-13 09:21
> I don't know how to attach my graph here for all to see or I would, sorry.

That'd be rather easy to add. The small statistics overview in the profile is not complete yet anyway, since it doesn't include all the training modes. I should really force myself to do some work on LCWO very soon again!

> In order to keep my graph true and 100% honest,
> I will today not hit the back arrow and throw
> away any scores.

To be honest, I quit attempts early a *lot*. In RufzXP, of 10 attempts that I start, I probably finish one. Mostly I quit after 3-4 calls, but sometimes as late as halfway into the attempt. Here on LCWO, especially when I am practicing code groups, it's sometimes even worse :)

There are two sides: For the maximum training effect, and maximum scores in the highscore list, it is probably a good thing to abort attempts that don't go well. You start over with a fresh one and will probably do better, without any pressure, etc.

For those practicing towards HST competitions, it's a bad habit, because at the HST you only have a limited number of attempts (i.e. 2 in RufzXP, one in MorseRunner), and you have to deliver maximum performance. Even if you get a bad start in RufzXP, it'd be extremely foolish to abort the attempt and hope that the second will be better...

I personally change my training habits a few weeks before the HST competitions, forcing myself to finish the attempts, no matter what.

73, Fabian DJ1YFK

Posted: 2010-04-14 00:33
OK AH8DX needs some help publishing his graph,
here you are:

Posted: 2010-04-14 00:39

Sorry, test user is denied.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $