Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (41)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Forget method

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2010-04-03 03:49
Hello

I am writing to inform you of an experience. Two weeks ago, I noticed a problem during my teaching sessions. During the process decoding signal/symbol, the conscious part of my brain tends to count the dots and dashes. To resolve this problem, I applied the forget method, I have completely stopped learning for one week. Today I resumed training sessions and I note that the failure has fully disappeared. Honestly before this experience, I had fear of losing all my assets, but with the results I got, I do not regret anything.

To be honest, today I started lessons with a speed 20/10 wpm, but I quickly regained a speed 20/20 wpm. I also tried a series of words and my speed was capped to 37 wpm.

---

Vincent F0CYA, France.
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-04-03 07:20
Vincent,

I remember starting out practicing every day like mad for two months straight until a friend suggested that my brain was on fire and needed at least a 3 day rest. So I took 3 days off with not even a dit. What followed the weeks after were new personal bests and new high speeds also. I now am on another 3 day rest period which I do every two weeks now.

I recently learned of a guy last week that took off almost 3 weeks and recently put up a new top amazing Rufz score.

Rest is good!

Craig, AH8DX

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.