Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (37)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Problem with F keys, QTC practice

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2024-01-24 06:01
With QTC training, F7 and F8 are supposed to repeat the QTC, but on my laptop they don't work. F7 produces something related to brightness, and F8 brings up "PC screen only." Anyone know what the problem is? On my Mac desktop, F7 does result in a repeat QTC. Thanks. Larry

Posted: 2024-01-24 08:35
Look for the "function" key, marked "Fn" or similarly, and press it simultaneously with the F7 key. It's usually located on the bottom row of your keyboard, among the keys named Alt, Ctrl etc.

On most laptops today, the F keys have dual functions that you can toggle with this key. The keys are normally marked with little symbols that show what they do, such as changing brightness, sound volume etc. You could try to search the settings of your computer to see if you can change the default behavior away from the little-symbol stuff if you want, depending on how much you use either function and depending on how hard it is to make this change on your system.

Does this solve your problem?

Posted: 2024-01-25 05:04
I think it will solve the problem. I haven't tried it yet, but I see the key on the bottom row marked "fn" so I think that will work. Thanks very much!

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.