Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (22)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Peaks and valleys

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2010-01-30 23:59
Pa0WV, Hallo klopt. Wat ik wel weet dat de call zeer lang niet in gebruik geweest is. Heb hier een qsl kaart
van De Jonge Baas qth Terneuzen gedateerd 12/2/1934 waarin hij een qso bevestigd met Pa0ALO.
Qsl Kaart hangt hier ingelijst in de shack
73's
DJ7PA/Pa0PA
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-02-01 18:24
Hallo Jaap,
I am proceeding in english as good as I am able to do that, because I think this is an international website, and hence it is not polite to exclude other readers of the conversation.

As far as I know PA0SE, former chairman of the OTC, the Old Timers Club, started an action to prevent that the administration of the Netherlands should give out PA0 calls to other people than the original holders, because of "historical cultural reasons"

I wrote a letter to the OTC that in my opinion that was a ridiculous action, that wastes the funds of the Old Timers Club. Why should it not be possible that the grandson of PA0XX, with a technician license PD0BLAH inherits the call, if he has the legal right to inherit the assets of his successful grandfather who had the license to transmit and announce his transmitter with the callsign PA0XX?
Furthermore the call is not the person but the identification of the rig he or another operator has to mention when starting and ending a transmission.

Look now what happens: Administration agrees and decides that the pa0 prefix is only to be handed out to other previous pa0 holders.

Here comes PA0PAU, member of the mentioned OTC, licensed somewhere between 1969 and 1973, advertising himself as PA0PA because he catched that call recently.

Did you build all your equipment from scratch just as PA0PA did in 1934, or are you just showing with the feathers of that inventive guy, transmitting with a "JAPPENBAK"?

Just as PD0BLAH should do when he should have the permission te transmit with the call PA0XX?

Posted: 2010-02-01 18:55
At the moment cleaning up my shack and renovate the shack with "jappenbakken" and renovate my brains as well. Am very active on the lower bands. You are not that active isn't? Wondering why in the past we didn't meet on UHF,VHF or SHF
All the best gd haelth and 73's from Germany
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-02-01 19:31
May be you transmit only in SSB as you said in your introduction. Thats the way to never meet me on HF.
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-02-02 01:40
Come on good ole friends, you do not have time to be chatting, get to work on your cw!

In fun,

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-05-30 20:59
Wim,

I was combing back through the old threads to yet gain little tidbits of information that would be valuable to me to proceed ahead and one of your's caught my attention:

You stated: "...Furthermore the call is not the person but the identification of the rig...

This just caught my attention today and it reminds me of my time I spent in Bangladesh operating as S21ZW.

When I went to the PTT in Dhaka the main guy in charge told me that he was not issuing me the callsign. I asked him why he would not issue me a callsign! He laughed and told me that he was issuing the transmitting device the callsign.

Interesting, after all of these years, I finally get it. WOW!

Craig, AH8DX

Posted: 2010-05-30 23:27
Always interesting to read and learn about new subjects maybe more people will add good info

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $