Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (22)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: How to master S and H

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-01-23 21:43
It appears I am still having problems with S and H. Does anyone have any ideas how I can master these two letters?
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-01-24 01:17
ssssssssssssss
hhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sh5sh5sh5sh5sh5

put this in the "convert text to cw" option of this site, download the mp3 and listen to it @40/40 wpm.
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-01-24 15:21
Thanks Digi!

I will do that this morning. Do you suggest I practice this daily for two weeks or so and how long would you train at one sitting? Do you think after about 15 minutes of training to give the brain a rest and come back to it a few hours later, off and on during the day?

Thanks,

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-01-24 16:37
Digi,

I worked really hard yesterday and knew that I was tired. I was so tired that I couldn't focus on the keyboard; my eyes blurry but I insisted to stay with it.

I went to bed fairly late last night and then woke up feeling pretty good this morning, made a pot of coffee and sat at the computer.

It appears that all of the hard work yesterday, even though tired, I was able to do another personal best this morning getting close to 4000 points and at 41 wpm right now.

That was only good for two sessions though as I have sat here trying to topple the 4000 mark, my scores keep deteriorating. My graph is crazy but I can see from when I first started 3 weeks ago, I have a slow incline. It shows good progess and that's what it is all about.

With a successful morning hitting a new personal best, I think it's time to take a break and go walk the dog. I have been neglecting it lately, HI.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-01-24 19:11
Congrats Craig!

exclamation mark is prosign of[CM](cry mark)
I see: Beautiful build recent tower in your scores.
You are more lucky then I am, because my scores are monotone lowering with time on the avarage. I started high in te beginning, it went down fast, after a 50 trials it was pretty stable and now it becomes lower and lower, never higher on the average up to now.. May be an age problem.

There is a program of G4FON
http://www.g4fon.net/CW%20Trainer.htm
generating words, cute programm you can add fast and slow deep and shallow QSB and QRM and chirp. changing speed random, Also white bandnoise. Only the hand key distortion does not work right on Windows Vista.
The collection words is shorter in length on the average, that makes it easier.
I miss long spaces such that you type in your copy in order to verify the correctness.

Your sh5 problem is mainly a callsign copying problem, in plain language it is solved mainly by redundancy. I make also mistakes with d and b, do you? In call sign copy, which I sometimes do I copy a v and due to the place in the call I correct it to 3, however being sure it was a v that I heard.

btw something to read in between exercises
http://www.qsl.net/ik0ygj/enu/ZART_r20100118m.pdf

start reading at page 50
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-01-25 03:11
Digibeet,

Thanks for your compliments, I will accept.

It's very hard work and difficult but it truly shows that when the brain is even tired, it still wants to work for you.

I believe that these peak's and valley's are eccential to making progress. The brain trys to push ahead when tops speeds are sent but then goes down a few notches to where it is comfortable at copying. The brain trys so hard even when tired.

Looking at my graph (and by the way, how do I look at other people's graph's on this site?), I can see a slow upward trend starting to develop the more times I do a session and that is good.

Life is good! I haven't hit the wall yet. Last week I was starting to think that I had but I was being selfish and impatient is all. Slow progress is good. I would love to be at 50 wpm now, but that is not realistic as I must mast 40wpm first.

Your words of encouragement is much appreciated on this end and makes me work even harder.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-01-27 14:23
Craig
Reflecting on the conditions you mentioned under which you obtained your recent top speed, you can find them exactly in the e-book I advised you te read, recently

http://www.qsl.net/ik0ygj/enu/ZART_r20100118m.pdf

Read it, you will recognise what happened recently to you, and with your age, condition and persistently hard working you will reach 50 wpm within 6 weeks.

I am sure
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-01-27 16:41
Digi,

I meant to download that last weekend and read it this week when I got some time. I have downloaded it now and will read it today.

I am working very hard at it as I want to see how high I achieve by pushing the envelope. As I approach 50 years old in two years, I have got to do this now as my live will be half way over soon. (Don't tell me my life is over half way finished already, I don't want to hear it, HI.

Anyway, just a word about guys like you! Thank goodness you post interesting and intelligent comments because it really does mean a lot to us guys that are working hard to increase our speed.

Thanks again and keep working hard yourself. Your mind is an amazing thing!

Craig, AH8DX & 8R1EA

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.