Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (44)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: MISSING FIRST DIT ON PRACTICE

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2022-08-30 14:54
HI
I have found I am getting an error on the first character sent during Kosh practice due to the first dit not being sent at start. ie J taken as O and S taken as I. I have speed set 20 wpm, average 15 wpm. I use 4 seconds countdown. Its a regular problem, not me misreading. Anyone else experienced the problem, any fix?
Using windows 10 on Lenovo ideapad 100S
73 Ray, G3NDS

Posted: 2022-08-31 13:33
Did you try another CW player in 'Cnange CW setings' ?

Posted: 2022-08-31 20:22
Not yet as I used the recommended one. I have been using a work around sending the VVV + before exercise :-) will test the other player.
Thanks for replying
Ray, G3NDS

Posted: 2022-09-09 18:31
I see the same issue on my Windows 10 computer, I'm using 1 second delay to start. My work-around is to play any individual letter first for one or two seconds, to hear that "dit-eating" first, then within some seconds (not too long), start practice, the practice will be fine.

It may be related to Windows 10 and its media player. On my old Windows 7 laptop I don't see this issue.

Posted: 2022-09-10 19:54
Are you using blue tooth headphones? This is a common problem with BT. It seems it mutes during the silence and takes a a little time to pass audio again. Using wired headphones I don't have this problem.

Posted: 2022-09-11 00:17
It is not a windows10 problem, so possibly try to isolate your problem by using another browser, but better idea: don't waste exercise time, use as you find already out, the preample VVV

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.