Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (13)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Idea for keypad addiction

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2022-02-27 21:24
I uses MorseMachine quite a bit for warm up and practice. I notice that when I go to a "lesson" and I copy code with pencil I have trouble writing, due to the addiction to the keypad in MorseMachine.

Would it be possible to use a pen input in MorseMachine? I've tried a couple times/ways and not sure if its a computer issue or web site needing to accept pen input.

Which comes to the idea to add pen input to MorseMachine.

Win10/11 HP SPECTRE 16mb ram.

I'm a lurker in the background don't be afraid.

H2

Posted: 2022-03-02 20:49
Same Problem.

I've always thought that voice response for MorseMachine would circumvent keyboard/pad addiction.

Posted: 2022-03-02 21:20
Another ploy I've tried is setting the speed at 40WPM and avoid looking at the keyboard. If my aged brain doesn't click in I repeat (space bar) until it does. The letter "X" is difficult for me to distinguish at this speed.

The highest WPM speed also helps to avoid character counting.

My hearing is impaired at female vocal frequencies ... go figure.

Posted: 2022-03-04 20:19
A higher speed 35 plus works for me, otherwise I count.

To add to ideas when doing the lessons, I would speak / record the answers then replay and type them into the answer box. It helps but is time consuming.

I still vote for pen input / and as suggested voice input. as it gets us closer to the real task of decoding in our head / to paper. Is it possible or too much of a headache. I am by no means a programmer of websites.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.