Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (36)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Morse Code Sending & Receiving through the Internet

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2022-02-18 13:54
Some recent innovations from the producer of
HAM Radio For Non-Techies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AtfWmQVEVQ

Posted: 2022-02-18 19:50
BRUCE: THIS IS A COMMERCIAL.

Hams are not "no techies" but build, at least assemble their equipment theirself. Ham radio is a scientific hobby.

For , 50 dollar whatever you build your kit QCT or whatever, a single band transceiver 5 watt output, straight key build in, also paddle input Iambic B.

So beware of internet connections, use real air connections with a simple dipole om 10.1 or 7.0 MHz.

When Internet falls out, you still are able to communicate with the rest of the world.

Posted: 2022-02-19 05:07
By the way, so was the QRP project you promoted in the forum. It has a brand, and it is shipped for a profit.

Posted: 2022-02-19 05:07

Posted: 2022-02-19 08:23
If you have to drill the holes in the box and solder everything together I'm not sure you're still a non-techie hi

As a tool to practice cw in an environment that feels a bit "safer", why not? I do think this could be of interest to people on this site. I for one didn't know these things existed.

Posted: 2022-02-19 09:54
[quote=sm4ypu]If you have to drill the holes in the box and solder everything together I'm not sure you're still a non-techie hi

Hi hi hi indeed. The fellow operating that channel for videos offers some very helpful stuff. I recall that previous discussions in this forum indicated that not everyone wants to use Skype and similar venues. There was some inquiry about other possibilities.
For preppers however, not being the most commonplace of categories, some technical instruction might merit examination.

Posted: 2022-02-22 06:12
for bold text
for italic text
for strikethrough text

Posted: 2022-02-23 15:45
That is an excellent bit of information Charles D. Michael. Thanks for showing it.

Posted: 2022-02-23 20:39
You don't NEED the HamRadio Solutions HotLine key -
you can just connect a straight key via a modified mouse to ur PC and get on CWCOM or VBAND for "a somewhat artificial" ham experience, while you build the $50 single board rig. Better to spend the $50 on the rig than just another way to access internet cw (IMHO).

Posted: 2022-02-23 22:20
Bill (and everyone), I think all of these resources are helpful.
This may not be a critical issue, but it is of interest in some ways to think upon the least costly, and simplest method for sending and receiving practice.
What I observed for several years, is that any kind of "DIY kit assembly" might appear simple and easy at first. However, this assumes that the purchaser, is an adult, with some knowledge of electronics. the "HotLine Key" itself merits no criticism. Toward the end though, I saw the builder operating a Drill Press. This might be popular as many understand the project, but a person who owns a Drill Press...well, that is a bit of a narrow class of persons.
Sure, a person could have a drill. Just the same, I am always focused myself, upon seeing CW offered to a very young audience.
Even my own ideas are not entirely practical, because the high cost in my own imagined simple solution would be something like two MFJ Morse Code Practice Oscillator with Key, so it could be operated by a couple of 8 year olds in two different rooms (or by headsets) and the oscillators hooked to the other person's by a long wire. ($88.00 each).
So there are options which seem to have limits, whether they require "Wireless" or "Internet" or DIY Kit Builds that younger persons could accomplish wither with or without adult supervision.
I think we can overlook some obstacles if we assume the practice method to involve the computer, or PCB soldering, power tool use and so on.
It always seems to be the case that in our minds, it is imagined that the CW Student is an Adult, techie or otherwise, and it might be considered whether that target is the aim of our information searches, or is it a younger generation to be introduced to the CW Tradition, or whether the target is an adult, with DIY Skills
That seems to leave 2 ideas:
(a) Assuming an adult target population, with ample finances and equipment skills.
or (b) A young audience that can obtain a sending method involving plugging in a battery and sending to another oscillator, without a computer etc.
At any rate, all of the contributions to the subject give an opportunity to examine what is available.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.