Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (27)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Shorter intervals?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-11-23 18:50
Is there any way to set an interval of less than a minute? While I know I need to work up to longer stretches of code, it's REALLY demoralizing to keep quitting when I come back to CW because I don't have the attention for a full minute at first. I get there eventually, but boy, I would love to be able to check my accuracy before I've rebuilt my stamina, and I think it would help me overall to have a 30 or even 15 second option until I get my ear back.

Posted: 2021-11-24 00:47
copy for 30 or 15s, wait till lesson ends and check the results of first 30 or 15 s.

Posted: 2021-11-24 11:33
"Extra word spacing" in "Change CW settings" will create a longer gap between character groups. It may help you to keep up for one minute, but have less decoding/word groups. It will keeping speed of the characters and effective speed. The overall effective speed will drop, naturally. But that doesn't matter...give it a try, just in case.

Posted: 2021-11-24 16:10
Riz, it is often repeated that learning CW is best accomplished by short lessons rather than long ones. When I began about 2 minutes was about the limit that I could copy. Most of my lessons now are no longer than about 4 or 5 minutes.
Helgeh points out a helpful feature as the following menu shows:

Change CW settings
Character Speed (WPM):

Effective Speed (WPM):
Extra Word Spacing:
Tone (Hz):

random (500-900Hz)
CW player: jscwlib (recommended)
HTML 5 player
Transmission prefix/suffix: "VVV = / AR"
Start delay (seconds):
seconds
Group length:
(fixed)
2-7 (random)

========================
If you would like to use some lines for comparing speeds and the Word Spaces, here is a simple lesson. I tested it with a setting of:
Character Speed = 10, Effective Speed = 5,
Extra Word Space = 10
It shows what you can do with the Extra Word Space.

go am me on by to.
up so it no of as .
he if an us or in is.
at my we do be and .

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.