Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (25)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: charcter =

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-11-21 21:37
Hi all... I am practicing lesson 15... so far so good... I took a sneak peek at the next lesson and realized that I'll have to face character = . To type it, one has got to do a "SHIFT 0"

The question is, obviously, for the ones that used to type in the LCWO entry window... how do you go thru this? ;-)

Thanks and 73
IV3YNB

Posted: 2021-11-21 21:57
He he, you will also get / later on which is also important, so you will get used to that. Can not see any other methods... I started out practice on an iPad. So I moved to a PC keyboard when those showed up :)

Good luck!

Posted: 2021-11-22 00:09
Question mark also

Posted: 2021-11-22 12:09
Characters ? and / ...yes indeed ;-)
Actually / is ready on the numeric pad...
So: if you say it's possible to do it, then I'll get used to it! Unluckily at 23cpm I find impossible to write with my pencil...

Ad Maiora!
IV3YNB

Posted: 2021-11-22 13:50
Another alternative is to construct your own lessons, using the letters and numbers that you know in a random form, and then begin including the punctuation such as , . / - =
and enter these into LCWO's function
CONVERT TEXT TO CW and then practice copying. Here is an example of such lessons as I have created them.

503 - / ? , = +
bench, couch, - witch .
9 6 8 5 3 = 1 4 0 ? 7 2 .
itch, patch, catch, match .
hitch duck, - luck, dock .
SK

508 - / ? , = +
pharmacy, - 1 - photographic .
philanthropist, / ?? phonics .
8 - 5 0 3 = 1 4 0 3 - 2 x x 6 .
shape, / - ship, / ww shoe + , .
SK

513 - / ? , = +
fish, q cash, - - 4 xx bush .
push, 8 - - qq blush, plush .
- - flush, harsh, qzz marsh .
jiggle - q ubiquitous // forum .
SK

Posted: 2021-11-23 00:17
I don't think it is a good idea to type out what you receive, but a typing course may help you, a free one is available at
https://sense-lang.org/typing/tutor/keylessons.php

Posted: 2021-11-27 02:33
I have done the whole course on my Android phone. When I started encountering symbols that were not on my keyboard I transitioned into Code Groups and batched my letters together so I could learn them in the order the course did. I am now planning to do the same with the numbers and symbols using my secondary keyboard. Maybe not ideal but its been working for me.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.