Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (20)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Typing Text?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-09-27 02:55
How do I use LCWO w/o typing the answers in? I'm not that fast typing. If I copy the transmission on paper.. I don't see how to check my results w/o typing them in after the fact.

Posted: 2021-09-27 09:32

It's not typing per se . . .

You want to have your decodes popping into your head without you having to think about it,
so
you can concentrate on meaning - as you do with normal speech.

If you type in whilst you decode you MAY ( YMMV ) set a link in your brain
between morse and keyboard instead -which could leave you needing the keyboard for some time . .

This is fine if you are a commercial or military operator,
but
probably not quite what you want to spend a year or more getting to if you are a HAM . . .

Better to think write down and type in afterwards for the result then . . .

cb

Posted: 2021-09-28 21:06
Maybe he was hinting or hoping that there was an
option or way to dump the sent code to screen (ala G4FON, Precision CW Tutor etc.) rather than typing AFTER receiving the session. I believe we all know the answer is no, would it be nice? Yes. Would it be as thorough of the Levenstein work Fabian has included? No. The user would have to scan by eye which of course with code groups is easily inaccurate, but as an abysmal typist myself it would be a welcome feature.

IMHO

wa2nfn

Posted: 2021-09-30 00:21
Why is the answer no? You can get the sent text on the screen after the lesson.

After listening to the lesson and writing on paper, you simply leave the textbox for your received code empty and click the "check result" button. The site then gives you the warning "The number of groups sent was different from the text which you entered." You ignore this and click the button a second time. LCWO then gives you the normal result table with the text sent in the left column. You can compare this to what you wrote down on paper.

Posted: 2021-09-30 11:39

Depends if you want to store all your results or not I guess . . .
cb

Posted: 2021-10-15 07:37
write on paper. Convert to text using google lens or other ocr

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.