Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (19)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: impossible to communicate at age 98 at 46 wpm

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-08-05 00:06
I certify that after consuming 6 glasses remy martin vsop it is impossible to copy 46 wpm plain tect Morse code for me.

Posted: 2021-08-05 13:04
nonagenarian:
I certify that after consuming 6 glasses remy martin vsop it is impossible to copy 46 wpm plain tect Morse code for me.

Have you tried after 7 glasses ?

Posted: 2021-08-05 14:07
No, I have never been drunk, and not willingfull to experiment with C2H5OH or any other drug, above that: the bottle is empty, but right now I did the daily exercise and looks like I was better then ever before.

Posted: 2021-08-05 21:13
After many years struggling and hoping to have someone discover the secret to learning morse, maybe you have found it. I don't think I'll go in that direction, but it does give support to many who have said to be relaxed to succeed.

Posted: 2021-08-06 00:21
Use plain text, not code groups, and develop pareidolia for plain text words generated in Morse code.

Posted: 2021-08-09 00:32
I have done some minor experiments with alcohol and CW....

I find myself more relaxet after a glass or two of good red wine, ragchewing with my danish friends in CW...

I'm still new after 2½ years of practice, but now I do headcopy up to 25wpm in plain danish, and sometimes even find it easier when speed is up, and I'm in a relaxed state of mind... And a little alcohol put a damper on my nerves, but I think that too much would make a sloppy CW...

73 de OZ1SPS

Posted: 2021-08-09 09:59

A few people report that they seem to decode better when they are slowly falling asleep.

Probably fewer mental distraction . . . .

As you drift in to unconsciousness, audio is the last to go . . .

cb

Posted: 2021-08-10 00:06
Meditation helps to get that mental state, seems to be.

The writer of this book reports his progress to high speed decoding

https://www.qsl.net/ik0ygj/enu/

Posted: 2021-08-18 21:10
Some of the CW I can hear on the air going at 100 wpm must be machine generated surely. I can't even move my finger that fast! The dots are so fast, it almost sounds like PSK

Posted: 2021-08-18 21:38
M0MNE:
Some of the CW I can hear on the air going at 100 wpm must be machine generated surely. I can't even move my finger that fast! The dots are so fast, it almost sounds like PSK

Are you sure it's morse ?

cb

Posted: 2021-08-18 23:38
Record the sound and play at lower speed. In the header of a wav file it is easy to change the speed

Posted: 2021-08-18 23:56
nonagenarian:
Meditation helps to get that mental state, seems to be.

The writer of this book reports his progress to high speed decoding

https://www.qsl.net/ik0ygj/enu/

I am meditating everyday, at least once (20 min), and when listening to CW right after my meditation, I am more focused, and thereby decode better... So no doubt about that.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.