Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (17)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Seeking a Code Practice Partner

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-07-09 04:20
I’m looking for a learning partner that is willing to send and receive MC using “teamspeak” software to learn. The “Teamspeak” allows audible communication over DC an internet connection. You only need an key and ocillator.
We can work out details such as time and what to practice though this forum.
I am a retired person that lives in south Mississippi. I would like to practice each night.
I’m at lesson 13 now.
If you would like to try this and learn together, let me know though the forum. Send me a message.
Please don’t “hijack” this thread and talk about alternatives.
Thank you.

Posted: 2021-07-09 23:21
UPDATE:
Probably will not use TEAMSPEAK. I will suggest another free conference software that works on a PC or IPad. I have both.

Posted: 2021-07-18 05:10
If you have an hf radio I would be willing to meet you on air for practice.

Posted: 2021-07-24 16:21
KE5KFP:
If you have an hf radio I would be willing to meet you on air for practice.

I sent you a private message.

Posted: 2021-07-30 14:14
I am also looking for a partner or partners to train the transmission and reception of the code. I have been studying on this site for the second year. I accept and parse 7-letter words at a speed of 18/25 but on the air I am powerless. I am sending you to determine the place for training with partners via the Internet.

Posted: 2021-07-30 21:04
Tony, do you want to know a way to use the internet to practice? Or do you want to practice with someone on the internet? Maybe me?

Posted: 2021-07-31 01:27
18/25 is glueing eveything together.

Posted: 2021-07-31 18:35
nonagenarian:
18/25 is glueing eveything together.

I agree with that!

Not sure he will understand our “English metaphorical “ statements . He’s Russian.

Posted: 2021-08-01 15:59
Yes, it is a bit difficult for me and google translator to translate sayings). But I will try ... The methods of working via the Internet are quite obvious. I do not think that this will be a problem. But it would be great to do something like an audio conference. So that many participants could join. We all have different time zones.

Posted: 2021-08-01 22:44
Tonyd:
I am also looking for a partner or partners to train the transmission and reception of the code. I have been studying on this site for the second year. I accept and parse 7-letter words at a speed of 18/25 but on the air I am powerless.

That's because it's quite different.

Try for on the air SWL - just get the first character of each sequence. then maybe the first two etc

Practice listening . .

That gets you working out the timings and pitch etc and will get you started . . .

Until you can copy behind - i.e you subconsciously remember the code coming in and decode in your head a little later, you will miss quite a bit . . .

Tonyd:

I am sending you to determine the place for training with partners via the Internet.

Posted: 2021-08-01 22:45
Tonyd:
I am also looking for a partner or partners to train the transmission and reception of the code. I have been studying on this site for the second year. I accept and parse 7-letter words at a speed of 18/25 but on the air I am powerless.

That's because it's quite different.

Try for on the air SWL - just get the first character of each sequence. then maybe the first two etc

Practice listening . .

That gets you working out the timings and pitch etc and will get you started . . .

Until you can copy behind - i.e you subconsciously remember the code coming in and decode in your head a little later, you may expect to miss a certain amount . . .

. . . particularly if the OP is running things together etc

Tonyd:

I am sending you to determine the place for training with partners via the Internet.

Posted: 2021-08-03 00:22
two guys, exercising together does'nt converge to ideal Morse code. I know a twin pair of guys, that maturing, interchange not understandable speech in a very fast mode.

Best way to learn sending is decoding your transmission with a cheap commercially available decoder. Look for QCX. an affordable kit, that is a transceiver and a morse decoder in one design.

However listening to machine generated code, learns you how the code sounds, and that is the way to learn it as I did 80 years ago, by hearing your own generated sound, you detect your own anomalies.

Posted: 2021-08-04 20:37
BTW, I have found a person to work with.

TONY,

We would be happy to practice with you but your time difference is about 8 hours(I do not know what part of Russia you are in). We generally practice at 13:00 UTC. We might use phone conference internet softaware.

Posted: 2021-08-04 21:10
“ two guys, exercising together does'nt converge to ideal Morse code. I know a twin pair of guys, that maturing, interchange not understandable speech in a very fast mode. ”

Nonagenarian,
Not sure what you mean by this. I found a guy that has good skills and intuitive suggestions. Thank you for the suggestions. KI5OWW

Posted: 2021-08-10 18:08
I would like to once again invite everyone to practice receiving and transmitting CW. I think we can try to choose an internet audio format like Discord. I can try to find different times for classes. From 8:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC. My transmit rate is 15/15 to 20/25. , accept simple words (basic English vocabulary) until 18/25 .It will be great if you speak amateur radio slang and we can train it. Write to private messages.
I will be glad to meet you)

Posted: 2021-08-11 00:24
There is a possibility on this website to generate morse code, every member can play it the speed he likes at any time and generate an answer.

Look at https://lcwo.net/forum/2094

Posted: 2021-08-11 00:29

Posted: 2021-08-11 00:53
Thank you Nonagerian for the suggested
QCX 5W CW transceiver kit (qrp-labs.com)

Posted: 2021-08-11 21:25
What band did you buy?
Very good design. but questionable design of later introduced MOSFET PA. You better don't buy that kit.

Posted: 2021-08-13 10:56
I did not buy anything yet. I saw the kit has an upgrade. Probably 40 m

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.