Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (19)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Response time metrics

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-06-22 22:23
As I'm progressing through the lessons I find that some of the previous letters randomly become harder to recognize while my brain adjusts to the new set.

To practice efficiently, I find it extremely useful to track which letters are currently lagging behind and should be worked on. The best (and maybe only) metric for this seems to be the response time between hearing the letter and recognizing it. Right now I'm tracking this subjectively and giving an internal difficulty rating to each letter, but it would be way cooler if the site could measure this parameter directly instead, particularly in the morse machine.

This would allow one to have an objective indication of where to direct most attention in order to improve, and, if the stats are saved and logged over time, could also visually demonstrate progress.

How hard would it be to implement something like this?

Posted: 2021-06-23 00:22
In Morse Machine the indication should be the sum of recognition- and reaction time to type it out.

with 20 wpm letterspacing is 0.18 s this is a fraction of your reaction time that you need to type it out.

So the graph should not learn you hardly any useful.

Posted: 2021-06-28 12:57
I thought it would be nice for, after one finishes a lesson, all the letters one errors on be highlighted in red on, the lessons page, so that could press them and hear them individually

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.