Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (27)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Request for Morse Machine support on mobile

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-06-04 02:09
Currently, it doesn't seem like I can use Morse Machine on my phone. Or maybe I'm using it wrong. If I'm not, I suggest having little buttons for each letter directly on the webpage.

Posted: 2021-06-06 01:58
Or maybe it can be done just using the phone's onscreen keyboard. By detecting what letter is typed into the little box, possibly.
Administrator

Posted: 2021-06-06 09:25
Works fine for me on an Android phone with Firefox, with the onscreen keyboard. Which OS and browser are you using?

Fabian

Posted: 2021-06-06 18:50
I'm using Android 11 on a Google Pixel 3a, and I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and Brave browsers. The only two things that seem to make the machine play a sound are hitting the Start button or the Enter button on the onscreen keyboard. Pressing letters or the space bar just adds characters to the text box but doesn't trigger the Morse Machine to do anything.

Posted: 2021-06-06 20:30
I did a little experimenting with installing other keyboards. The one I've been using is Gboard that came with the phone, and which doesn't work with Morse machine in any browser. I installed two other keyboards, Microsoft Swiftkey and LED KeyBoard, and tested them. Both worked fine, but only with Firefox. It seems that Gboard keyboard and/or Chromium based browsers are the issue.

Posted: 2021-06-09 16:14
I just tried Morsemachine with IOS 14.6 and Safari: Works like a charm.

Gerd.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.