Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (13)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Need A MC Leaning Partner

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-04-26 14:12
I’m looking for a learning partner that is willing to send and receive MC using “teamspeak” software to learn. The “Teamspeak” allows audible communication over an internet connection. You will need an key and ocillator.
We can work out details such as time and what to practice though this forum.
I am a retired person that lives in south Mississippi. I would like to practice each night.
I’m at lesson 13 now.
If you would like to try this and learn together let me know thought the forum. Thank you.

Posted: 2021-04-26 22:54
Hi John.

How about trying out vband?

https://hamradio.solutions/vband/

You will need an interface in order to use your key. It will work with the keyboard also, although I wouldn't recommend it.
With an interface, vband is awesome. You get clear CW without QRM, QRN and QSB. Just CW.

Posted: 2021-04-27 12:03
vband missed a trick by not allowing an audio input through the mic.

Posted: 2021-04-27 14:20
vband missed a trick by not just *telling* you how to connect up a key, rather than trying to sell you their product... I might have missed that page, but...

Posted: 2021-04-27 15:05
Why not just use skype or similar with a key and oscillator as the original poster suggested. I don't "get" vband.

Posted: 2021-04-27 16:50
Hi,

M0DDR:
Why not just use skype or similar with a key and oscillator as the original poster suggested. I don't "get" vband.

why not use your radio.
For this we made our license ;-)
No problem to connect a key or a paddle
to a modern rig. Switch it on and go on air.

@John
perhaps you have a look to

https://cwops.org/cw-academy/

they use the internet for training
and contact to your Elmer.

or have a look to

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/straight-keys-cw-enthusiasts.104/

perhaps the chance to find a partner is much bigger there
in the USA.

73 Rüdiger DD5RK

Posted: 2021-04-27 19:53
Live radio can be extraordinarily intimidating and difficult to copy with all the QRM. It also does no harm to get familiar with the working environment before going out into the wild.

Posted: 2021-04-27 20:02
OK, I understand the frustrations with vband.

I took the easy solution. Found me and old USB mouse, opened it, and soldered a small cable to the connection of the left mouse button.

Then connect the cable directly to your favorite straight key, or to your paddel through any external keyer. Setup vband for mouse operation, and there you go.

Vband is really a good place to practise sending and receiving in a non-stress invironment. I'm using it, not instead of my radio, but as a supplement.

73 de OZ1SPS

Posted: 2021-04-28 14:38
M0DDR:

The way I understand the “team speak“ it is a way to use an oscillator and in conjunction with the microphone on the PC the oscillator sound would be transmitted over the Internet to the team speak partner.

Posted: 2021-04-28 17:16
John53:
The way I understand the “team speak“ it is a way to use an oscillator and in conjunction with the microphone on the PC the oscillator sound would be transmitted over the Internet to the team speak partner.

Yes. that's what I meant. I never considered a Morse key across a mouse button. That is a very elegant solution.

Posted: 2021-05-06 14:39
My plan is to learn all the characters using this web training tool(LCWO). I then will probably use cw-academy which I am aware of. Cw-academy starts sessions at three month intervals. I may not be completely ready by the start of a designated session start.
I am thinking I would like to have someone to practice sending with. That is the purpose of this Forum thread request.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.